(2 : 8) McGonagall's Flashback { 25 }

┌────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────┐

.·:*¨༺𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛❷⇻𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛②⑤༻¨*:·.

𝙼𝚌𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚕𝚕'𝚜 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

└────── °∘❉∘° ──────┘

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

❀。• *₊°❀°。❀。• *₊° ❀

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

❝𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜, 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚕𝚢 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞.❞

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

Author's P.O.V:

~McGonagall's Flashback~

The sun was setting over the warm humid day, covering the 1941 Hogwarts in a blanket of darkness and stars, the large evening sun being swapped for a round moon.

In the great hall sat two girls, both of the same age, and both staring intently at a game of wizard chess. It was a close match, and even the slightest distraction could easily cause the other person to win.

"Careful, now, Y/n, I've got my knight protecting my king," said the young Minerva McGonagall playfully, twirling her wand casually in her hand as she stared at the pieces.

"Oh, but wait- what do I see?" Muttered the young Y/n Darlington, a small smirk starting to appear on her face, "An open spot?" She looked up at McGonagall who was trying to find what was wrong with the position of her pieces.

"What!?"

"Checkmate, Minnie," And so, the shorter of the two girls was left baffled. How had she managed to win so easily?

"Huh!?" Minerva shouted, getting a few weird looks from people.

"Oh, hell yeah!" The taller of the two, fist-bumped the sky at her victory and pulled her tongue out at the annoyed Minerva.

"Oh, whatever, Darlington," Said Minerva, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Well," Y/n sighed, leaning her chin on her knuckles, "Now we know who's better at wizard chess, then, Minnie," She smirked.

"There are a lot more games to come, Darlingo, I wouldn't be so sure if I was you," Minerva said, using the nickname she had for her friend, so lovingly.

"Oh, sorry, what was that?" Y/n said, feigning deafness, cupping her hand around the back of her ear, "I couldn't hear you over my tremendous win!" She said pridefully, making the light-haired Slytherin man next to her, reading a book, chuckle a little.

"Yada, yada, let it out," McGonagall said with a little chuckle, as she turned to face the light-haired man, "Have something you wish to add, malfoy?" She said sarcastically. The white-haired man looked up from his book in surprise.