(2 : 14) Dobby's Reward { 31 }

┌────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────┐

.·:*¨༺𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛❷⇻𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛③①༻¨*:·.

𝙳𝚘𝚋𝚋𝚢'𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍

└────── °∘❉∘° ──────┘

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

❀。• *₊°❀°。❀。• *₊° ❀

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

❝𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙸 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗.❞

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

Music was coming from somewhere. Riddle whirled around to stare down the empty chamber.

A crimson bird the size of a swan had appeared.

A second later, the bird was flying straight at me. It dropped the ragged thing it was carrying at my feet, then landed heavily on my shoulder.

The bird stopped singing.

"That's a phoenix ..." said Riddle, staring shrewdly back at it.

"Fawkes?" Harry breathed,

"Who?" I asked,

"Dumbledore's bird..." Harry breathed.

"And that –" said Riddle, now eyeing the ragged thing that Fawkes had dropped, "that's the old school Sorting Hat." Riddle began to laugh again.

"This is what Dumbledore sends his defender! A songbird and an old hat! Do you feel brave, Harry Potter? Do you feel safe now?"

"Fuck you, Riddle." I spat.

"To business, Y/n," said Riddle, still smiling broadly. "Twice – in your past, in my future – we have met. And twice I failed to make you mine. How did you escape and suddenly reappear in the future? Tell me everything. The longer you talk," he added softly, "the longer your friend stays alive."

I was thinking fast, weighing my chances. Riddle had the wands. I and Harry had Fawkes and the Sorting Hat, neither of which would be much good in a duel.

"There are strange likenesses between us, Y/n. Even you must have noticed. Both orphans, raised by Muggles, surrounded by mysteries surrounding our birth. Probably the only few Parselmouths to come to Hogwarts since the great Slytherin himself...

But after all this time, we still don't know what or how you were part of both time periods, yet you remain just as young as the last time I saw you. That's all I wanted to know." Now I was confused.

I assumed it would be like a moment in one of those mystery books where the villain would reveal everything at the end, but Riddle was just as confused as I was, if not then more.

I stood, tense, waiting for Riddle to raise his wand. But Riddle's twisted smile was widening again.

"Let's match the powers of Lord Voldemort, heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter," He cast an amused and then walked away.