(1 : 11) Scheming Strangers and Stranger Presents { 11 }

┍━━━☽【❖】☾━━━┑

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛❶↝𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛➀➀˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.

𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

┕━━━☽【❖】☾━━━┙

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. ˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

╔ ------------------------------------ ╗

❝𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜.❞

╚ ------------------------------------ ╝

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban.

Worst of all were Professor Snape's classes down in the dungeons, where our breath rose in a mist before us and we kept as close as possible to our hot cauldrons.

But it was lucky for me, as he had placed me right next to the fireplace when he realised that the chill was starting to set in. Back then, I merely thought it was so he could isolate me from the rest of the class to torture me, but it was too late when I found out his real intentions.

He came by my workstation very often to asses my work and was always assigning me different potions to make from the rest of the class. The potions he assigned me required bigger flames and a hotter pot. I was glad as this meant I would be much warmer.

It took a very long time for it to hit me that he was trying to keep me warm. A matter of years.

"I do feel so sorry," said Draco Malfoy, one Potions class, "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home." He was looking over at Harry as he spoke, not realising that I was staying too. Crabbe and Goyle chuckled.

I, who was measuring out the powdered spine of lionfish, ignored them. Malfoy had been even more unpleasant than usual since the Quidditch match.

Disgusted that the Slytherins had lost, but proud I had caught the snitch, he had tried to get everyone laughing at how a wide-mouthed tree frog would be replacing me as Seeker next to ease the suspicious looks the Slytherins had begun giving him after he cheered so loudly for me.

Then he'd realized that nobody found this funny, because they were all so impressed at the way I had managed to stay on my bucking broomstick. All the praise I was getting from everyone seemed to have been taking my attention away from him.

Especially because of Harry.

Harry, having never realised that I had so much talent within me, was beaming wherever he saw me. He wanted to be the centre of my attention everywhere, and as soon as I stepped out of the common room, he'd stick to my side.