(2 : 11) T.M Riddle's Diary { 28 }

┌────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────┐

.·:*¨༺𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛❷⇻𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛②⑧༻¨*:·.

𝚃.𝙼 𝚁𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎'𝚜 𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚢

└────── °∘❉∘° ──────┘

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

❀。• *₊°❀°。❀。• *₊° ❀

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

❝𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗, 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚝.❞

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

As Harry, Ron and I left the hospital wing after visiting Hermione, a puddle of water began drenching my shoes. A great flood of water stretched over half the corridor, and it looked as though it was still seeping from under the door of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

"Now what's up with her?" said Ron.

"Let's go and see," said Harry, and holding our robes over our ankles we stepped through the water.

Moaning Myrtle was crying, if possible, louder and harder than ever before.

"What's up, Myrtle?" said Harry.

"Who's that?" glugged Myrtle miserably. "Come to throw something else at me?" Harry waded across to her cubicle and said,

"Why would I throw something at you?"

"Don't ask me," Myrtle shouted, "Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me ..."

"But it can't hurt you if someone throws something at you," said Ron, reasonably. "I mean, it'd just go right through you, wouldn't it?" He had said the wrong thing. Myrtle puffed herself up and shrieked,

"Let's all throw books at Myrtle, because she can't feel it! Ten points if you can get it through her stomach! Fifty points if it goes through her head!"

"Who threw it at you, anyway?" I asked.

"I don't know ... I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death, and it fell right through the top of my head," Myrtle wept.

Harry, I, and Ron looked under the sink, where Myrtle was pointing. A small, thin book lay there. It had a shabby black cover and was as wet as everything else in the bathroom.

Harry stepped forward to pick it up, I saw at once that it was a diary, and the faded year on the cover told me it was fifty years old. Harry opened it eagerly. On the first page I could just make out the name "T. M. Riddle" in smudged ink.

"Hang on," said Ron, standing next to me, looking over Harry's shoulder. "I know that name ... T. M. Riddle got an award for special services to the school fifty years ago."

"How on earth d'you know that?" I said in amazement.

"Because Filch made me polish his shield about fifty times in detention," said Ron resentfully. "That was the one I burped slugs all over. If you'd wiped slime off a name for an hour, you'd remember it, too."