(2 : 10) The Duelling Club { 27 }

┌────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────┐

.·:*¨༺𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛❷⇻𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛②⑦༻¨*:·.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚞𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚕𝚞𝚋

└────── °∘❉∘° ──────┘

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

❀。• *₊°❀°。❀。• *₊° ❀

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

❝𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎; 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎❞

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" said Hermione, as I filled the other three in on what I heard last night at the hospital wing. 

"This settles it," said Ron in a triumphant voice. "Lucius Malfoy must've opened the Chamber when he was at school here and now he's told dear old Draco how to do it." 

"It's obvious. Wish Dobby'd told you what kind of monster's in there, though. I want to know how come nobody's noticed it sneaking round the school." Harry added.

"Maybe it can make itself invisible," I said,

"So Dobby stopped us getting on the train and broke your arm ..." I shook my head. 

"You know what, Y/n? If he doesn't stop trying to save your life he's going to kill you." Said Harry, gloomily.

Earlier that day Professor McGonagall came around as usual, collecting names of those who would be staying at school for Christmas. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I signed her list; we had heard that Malfoy was staying, which struck us as very suspicious. 

The holidays would be the perfect time to use the Polyjuice Potion and try to worm a confession out of him. Hermione threw the final few ingredients into the cauldron and began to stir feverishly. 

"It'll be ready in a fortnight," she said happily. 

🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌘

A week later, Harry, Ron, Hermione and I were walking across the Entrance Hall when we saw a small knot of people gathered around the notice-board, reading a piece of parchment that had just been pinned up. Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas beckoned us over, looking excited. 

"They're starting a Duelling Club!" said Seamus. 

"About bloody time!" I said excited at the prospect of finally being able to kick ass without getting in trouble, "D'you reckon they'll allow psychical violence?" I asked Ron with a hopeful look in both of our eyes.

"I hope so," he said, "Even if they don't, I bet you could probably get a few good punches in,"

"First meeting tonight! I wouldn't mind duelling lessons, they might come in handy one of these days ..." I read,

"What, you reckon Slytherin's monster can duel?" said Ron, but he too read the sign with interest. 

"Could be useful," I said to Harry and Hermione as we went into dinner.