(1 : 6) Arrival At Hogwarts { 6 }

┍━━━☽【❖】☾━━━┑

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛❶↝𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛①③˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.

𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝙰𝚝 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜

┕━━━☽【❖】☾━━━┙

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. ˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

╔ ------------------------------------ ╗

❝𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎?❞

╚ ------------------------------------ ╝

The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. 

She had a very stern face and my first reaction to having seen her was of great overwhelming emotions. Which emotion, I wasn't sure, but it was something.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." She pulled the door wide. We followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor. 

I could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway to the right -the rest of the school must already be here -- but Professor McGonagall showed the first years into a small, empty chamber off the hall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. 

The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. 

While you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule breaking will lose house points. 

At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honour." She left the chamber. I swallowed.

"How exactly do they sort us into houses?" I asked Ron.

"Some sort of test, I think. Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking." 

Then something happened that made me jump about a foot in the air -- several people behind me screamed.

"What the --?" I gasped. So did the people around me. About twenty ghosts had just streamed through the back wall. 

Pearly-white and slightly transparent, they glided across the room talking to one another and hardly glancing at the first years. 

They seemed to be arguing. What looked like a fat little monk was saying:

"Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance --"

"My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name and you know, he's not really even a ghost,"

"Perhaps, but we don't want to harbour any negative feelings or emotions on this glorious day on which her greatness returns, now do we?"