(2 : 6) Gilderoy Lockhart { 23 }

┌────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────┐

.·:*¨༺𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛❷⇻𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛②③༻¨*:·.

𝙶𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚢 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚝

└────── °∘❉∘° ──────┘

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

❀。• *₊°❀°。❀。• *₊° ❀

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

❝𝙸'𝚖 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎.❞

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

Professor Sprout was standing behind a trestle bench in the centre of the greenhouse. About twenty pairs of different-coloured earmuffs were lying on the bench. When Harry and I had taken our places between Ron and Hermione, she said,

"We'll be re-potting Mandrakes today. Now, who can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?" To nobody's surprise, Hermione's hand was first into the air.

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is a powerful restorative," said Hermione. "It is used to return people who have been transfigured or cursed, to their original state."

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor," said Professor Sprout. "The Mandrake forms an essential part of most antidotes. It is also, however, dangerous. Who can tell me why?" Hermione's hand narrowly missed Harry's glasses as it shot up again.

"The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to anyone who hears it," she said promptly.

"Precisely. Take another ten points," said Professor Sprout. "As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill yet. However, they will knock you out for several hours." She pointed to a row of deep trays as she spoke.

A hundred or so tufty little plants, purplish green in colour, were growing there in rows.

"That is why I have provided each of you with a pair of earmuffs. If you would then..."

I snapped the earmuffs over my ears. Professor Sprout put a pink fluffy pair over her own ears, rolled up the sleeves of her robes, grasped one of the tufty plants firmly, and pulled hard. Instead of roots, a small, muddy and extremely ugly baby popped out of the earth.

Professor Sprout dusted off her hands, gave us all the thumbs-up and removed her own earmuffs.

"I'm sure none of you want to miss your first day back so make sure your earmuffs are securely in place while you work. I will attract your attention when it is time to pack up." There was an exchange of nervous glances around the room.

"Considering we have double potions on today with Slytherin, I'd rather take the Mandrake seedling's cry," Ron whispered in my ear,

"Oh shut up, it could be fun, we wouldn't know," I whispered back.

"Tell me, Y/n, when has potions ever been fun?" Ron asked,

"Remember that one time Goyle added too much powdered rat bones to the potion and it splashed onto his face and it gave him a face like a rat for an entire week?" I said, holding back a peal of laughter.