(3 : 10) Grim Defeat { 41 ]

╔══════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══════╗

✧*̥˚ 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛➌⇢𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛④① *̥˚✧

𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚖 𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚝

╚══════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══════╝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。✭・.・✫・゜・。.

••°°°°••....••°°°°••....••°°°°••••°°°°••

*¨༺ ༻¨*:·..·:*¨༺ ༻¨*

.·:*¨ ¨*:·..·:*¨ ¨*:·.

╭─── ⋅ ⋅ ──── ✩ ──── ⋅ ⋅ ───╮

❝𝙸𝚏 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚜 𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝, 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎.❞

╰─── ⋅ ⋅ ──── ✩ ──── ⋅ ⋅ ───╯

🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌘

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black and Y/n and George's sudden closeness for the next few days. The theories about how he had entered the castle and what was going on with the duo became wilder and wilder.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and Replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan, an overly knighty-knight who kept challenging people to duels and his fat grey pony.

Nobody was very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.

The weather worsened steadily as the first Quidditch match drew nearer. Undaunted, the Gryffindor team was training harder than ever under the eye of Madam Hooch.

Then, at their final training session before Saturday's match, Oliver Wood gave his team some unwelcome news.

"We're not playing Slytherin!" he told them, looking very angry. "Flint's just been to see me. We're playing Hufflepuff instead."

"Why?" chorused the rest of the team.

"Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arm's still injured," said Wood, grinding his teeth furiously. "But it's obvious why they're doing it. Don't want to play in this weather. Think it'll damage their chances...."

There had been strong winds and heavy rain all day, and as Wood spoke, they heard a distant rumble of thunder.

"There's barely one scratch on his arm! He's got to be faking it!" Shouted Y/n.

"I know that, but we can't prove it," said Wood bitterly, "And we've been practising all those moves assuming we're playing Slytherin, and instead it's Hufflepuff, and their style's quite different. They've got a new Captain and Seeker, Cedric Diggory --" Angelina, Alicia, and Katie suddenly giggled. "What?" said Wood, frowning at this lighthearted behaviour.

"He's that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" said Angelina.

"Strong and silent," said Katie, and they started to giggle again. Y/n threw a glance at the girls and thought for a moment, scrunching her eyebrows in thought.