I hate me too

"Kamsi, are you done?" Kehinde Bamidele asked impatiently.
It was a Wednesday morning and Kamsi was eating their breakfast of Yam and eggs. It was two days since she heard of Kehinde and Taiwo's breakup and she found out the rumors were true.
Kehinde had befriended her again; waiting for her at the refectory and walking with her to class, joining her for break and walking with her to the refectory for Lunch and back to the hostel. She was tempted to brush her off but she didn't have the heart to. The breakup really hurt Kehinde bad and she now talked less.
She lost all her friends since they were Taiwo's friends before she befriended them when they began dating and now it would be awkward still being friends with them.
She felt like her rebound friend.
"I'm true, I'm done." She announced, rising from the bench. She wrapped her dirty cutlery in a tissue paper and placed it in the side of her bag to; if she didn't forget; wash later.
She followed Kehinde out of the refectory, the both of them pretending not to notice the pity eyes that followed them out; Taiwo's friends weren't excluded. They occupied the last table.
"If it's possible, I'll pluck out the eyes of those people." Kehinde muttered angrily.
"Then you'll just have to pluck out the eyes of almost half the school's population." She commented with a chuckle.
Taiwo was the head boy and therefore, his affairs usually had maximum attention.
Kehinde huffed then hissed, a pained look flashing across her face for a split second.
She had not asked Kehinde for the details of the breakup because she didn't want to seem nosy but she couldn't help but feel interested.
"I wish I can just stay in your class throughout. The tension in my class is too much."
"Just ignore them" was Kamsi's answer, "If you don't bother, you won't be bothered. You're not in school for them, or for boys for that matter."
Kehinde nodded, flashing her a grateful smile. "I'll see you later."
She watched her walk into her class, Ss3g arts. Taiwo was in Ss3h arts, the last Ss3 class and the third art class so it would be more difficult for Kehinde to avoid him since they had a good number of classes together.
"Toyo!" She greeted as she passed the commercial class. Toyo, who as usual was outside the class, waved in reply. She walked on further, her class just in front, opposite Toyo's class.
The classes were in rows of three, bordered by a corridor with another row of classes.
She relaxed on her seat, feeling relieved she didn't have to soon rush out for any assembly. They only had assemblies on Mondays , Wednesdays and Fridays. She greeted her seatmate, Sarah and Daniel and Michael and a few others.
Daniel tossed her a piece of paper. She chuckled, already knowing what it contained. A rough sketch. The top of her locker was filled with it.
This time it was a sketch of the finger Rosary she wore and the glasses she sometimes put on, surrounded by flowers.
She looked at him but he had his head on his locker already so she brushed a hand through his hair then glued the drawing on the little available space left.
There was no room for any more. Kamsi opened her locker, grabbing her physics note which Daniel had dropped haphazardly, and a pen. It was third period, time for Physics which took third and fourth period, after that was break. She walked out with the rest of her class mates. Daniel had left earlier and Sarah and Tochi were still chatting inside. She didn't feel like waiting for them.
"Are you done with your Biology note?" She asked Rachel who came out with her.
"No oo, it's too long" Rachel replied with an annoyed roll of her eyes, "Mrs. Fashomi must be joking oo because we can't finish this note before Friday. I be type writer?"
She laughed. "True talk."
"When you go back to the blocks(slang for hostel), please remind Nonye of what I asked her to bring. That girl needs prayers for her forgetfulness."
She laughed again, Rachel joining her.
"Kamsi." She heard a quiet voice call from behind her. She turned to see Kaito walking behind them.
"Oh hey." She greeted, waving Rachel on. He fell in step with her.
"I don't know if I can still get your note. Daniel didn't give it to me." He said to her.
"He didn't give it to you?" She raised a brow, "I'm sorry, I'll give it to you after class." She apologized.
"Thanks." He smiled in appreciation. She expected him to walk on or join one of his classmates but he kept pace with her. She didn't want to move away so she wouldn't seem rude and she didn't want to walk forward, she would feel too self conscious so she drew out a breath and kept on walking with him in awkward silence.
She remembered something and glanced down at his shoes. As expected, they were gleaming as always; his socks were folded down. He wasn't putting on his blazer as most of the school population; they mostly only wore it for assemblies and occasions. His sleeves were rolled up and he tapped his books continuously on his lap in a rhythm as they walked, looking straight ahead. They walked into the Physics lab that was mostly full and she sighted Daniel waving her over to an empty stool beside him. She nodded at Kaito and went to him.
"You came early and you chose to seat at the back." She commented, noticing Kaito seat with his group of friends a little ahead.
"So I can sleep in peace." Daniel sighed, placing his head on the counter.
"As if I'll let you. Come on raise that head up and you better listen in class." She pulled at his shirt until he raise his head grudgingly.
"I hate you." He groaned, rubbing a hand over his eyes.
"I hate me too." She smirked and they both laughed, quieting down as the Physics teacher entered and began his lecture.