Chapter 22: Kaito is the rapist?

Kaito came to them soon.
"Kamsi," He breathed out tensely, falling on his knees at her side. She hugged him tightly.
"I am sorry, I am so sorry, I shouldn't have let you walk to class alone," He grieved, his voice muffled against her skin. His breathing was rough and she could sense the tears in his voice.
"You are not my bodyguard," She said, surprisingly smiling, "Get rid of that blame. Are you okay?"
"Answer the question yourself," He threw back, slowly relinquishing his hold on her. She tightened her house wear around herself.
"We need to get you to the hostel," He said, not noticing. He proceeded to dust off the sand off her face.
"I don't think that's possible now," Nonso spoke. He had gotten up some time, "I just checked and there are teachers there. The hostel won't even be opened."
"I know but she can't go to class like this."
"Maybe I should," She interrupted, "How else are they going to believe what happened?"
Suddenly a bright torchlight beamed on them.
"Don't even try running," A loud shrill voice said at once.
She scrambled to her feet and hid behind Kaito. The voice registered and she realized it was her guardian, Miss Folashade.
"You," The light shone on Kaito, "I saw you running here. You were the one beating up those boys, weren't you?"
"Yes, ma."
Sometimes, she thought Kaito acted foolish. Who readily accepted his part in a crime!?
"And you hid here. Who is the rat hiding behind you?"
She stiffened. She was exposed.
"She is the girl that was almost raped, ma," Nonso answered, "She didn't want anyone to see her."
"Oluwa oo! Almost raped! Come out, let me see you!"
As Miss Folashade came closer, she hesitantly stepped out. Miss Folashade halted. She couldn't see her expression because she was getting blinded by her torchlight.
"Kamsiyonna," Miss Folashade blurted out in surprise and rushed to her, "It's you. Olorun, who did this to you? Ah, e no go better for them." She thrust her torchlight to Kaito then she was all over her, inspecting her face and body. "Move away!" She barked at Kaito and Nonso. She grabbed her torchlight, "In fact, get out of here. What are you doing with her?"
"They are my friends," She defended quickly, shielding her eyes from the bright light.
"Fi Kuro," Miss Folashade hissed at them, ignoring her words, "What do they know about how to take care of a lady?"
Kaito and Nonso were forced to leave. Miss Folashade ventured to inspect her further and ask her very intrusive questions then she sought the aid of another female teacher who covered her with a wrapper and they took her to the staff quarters, to Miss Folashade's house.
"So bad," Miss Folashade kept murmuring, "kó ní dá fún àwon omokùnrin wònyen. All these small small boys learning such bad things at this young age. Ha, kó ní dá fún àwon."
Miss Folashade gave her hot tea and made some pancakes for her then she proceeded to give her numerous pieces of advice about how to take care of herself and stay away from boys.
"Who were those boys with you? Why did you let them see you like that?" Miss Folashade asked with disapproval.
"I... they... they were the ones that saved me. They helped me."
"So? Does that warrant you allowing them to see you almost naked? You have to package yourself, omo obinrin. When you allow boys to get too close to you, they'll disrespect you. Learn that, please."
She hoped Miss Folashade was not blaming her for the incident.
An hour later, Miss Folashade escorted her to the hostel, still with the wrapper around her. Night prep was over by then.
"Take care of yourself. I'll follow you to report to the principal tomorrow."
"Yes, ma. Thank you, ma," She said gratefully.
But what she heard when she got to her room stunned her completely. After her roommates fawned over her and expressed their sympathy because of course, bad news flew around the fastest; Ejiro asked:
"Kamsi, what kind of foolish boyfriend did you carry? How dare Tochukwu try to rape you?"
She flinched, "What? What are you talking about?"
"Wasn't it Tochukwu that wanted to rape you?" The others asked.
"No, no, no," She countered with urgency, "It was Dozie, Samuel, and Onyebuchi. It wasn't Tochukwu. Who told you that?"
They all appeared stunned.
"It was actually Onyebuchi I heard it from," Ejiro mumbled, scratching her head with the look that said 'I met the killer face to face'
She fought down the anger that boiled within her. Not only did they assault her, they even blamed it on her boyfriend.
"Let tomorrow come," She spat.