16: I just want to look at you

"Babe, I'll see you later," Kehinde waved her bye, going off to her class.
It was dark already and night prep had just begun. She bade Toyosi and the rest bye, leaving just herself, Daniel, Michael and Kaito, and Sarah.
"Hey," Kaito held her back as she made to enter her class. It was just two of them out now, she could hear the scolding of the teachers on duty for supervising night prep and she itched to get into her class quickly. Teachers on duty for night preps were mostly strict and had a thing for canes plus there was just this forbidden feeling of being outside when the whole school was silent, busy with reading and teachers lurking in every corner.
"Yes."
"You don't mind us reading in the refectory?" He asked politely.
She opened her mouth to refuse.
"Reading partners, remember? And I need your help with some things," he quickly added.
She gazed at him. How did he always manage to get to her?

"If we were in the same house and we were picked to be house couples, would you have behaved the way you did with C.j?"
"Depends on if we're acquainted."
They were present in the refectory. There were few other students scattered around but the hall was mostly empty.
"So you blush and you're shy around boys you're not friends with?" Kaito asked again. He had his back against the opposite table, not doing anything while she searched her Geography textbook for an answer to a question from the Geography Waec past question.
"Depends."
"On what?"
"The situation."
"What situation?"
"I don't know."
He sighed exasperatedly. She called his attention to the work at hand when she found the answer. She sighed, cracking her knuckles. She was tired but she felt like if she rested, she would be wasting time.
"Here," He dropped two gala sausage rolls on her textbook.
"Why is everyone always offering me food? I don't want to get fat," She sighed again but took one nevertheless.
"If you get fat, you'll still look good."
"Of course, I'll still look good. Fatness doesn't take your beauty away."
She suddenly looked at him, "Did you say that on purpose to make me shy and blush?"
He smiled sheepishly, "Maybe."
"You're not serious," She eyed him, leaning back on the table behind, on Kaito's arm since his arm was draped over the table.
She arched her back, moving his hand away.
"Noted," He said with a nod.
"What?" She asked, confused. He shook his head, not responding. He scooted closer, pinching out of the gala she was eating.
"I wanted to be a good guy and stay hungry but my endurance is waning," He sighed.
She laughed, "Take the second one."
But instead, he lowered his head and bit off a big chunk of the sausage.
"Ew, stubborn boy," she muttered, staring at the little sausage left warily.
"What?" He asked, his mouth full, watching her.
"I don't know what disease you may be harboring in your mouth," She answered.
"I'm hurt," He laughed.
"Your saliva is on this thing, what shall I do?" She asked rhetorically then dumped it on his lap.
"Eat it," He ordered, tossing it back to her.
She wrinkled her nose, "Never."
"I said..." His tone dropped a playful notch and he grabbed the sausage. She clamped a hand over her mouth, suspecting what he was about to do.
With a smirk on his face, he began tickling her. She squirmed in his hold, trying not to laugh. He tickled harder and she pushed him away with all her might, laughing loudly. He was faster, stronger, relentless. He grabbed the hand she immediately clamped over her mouth and successfully pulled it away. They fought playfully until half of the sausage was in her mouth. He covered her mouth, laughing while she gagged. His other arm was around her, holding her tight.
"Eat," He ordered again. She licked his palm but he kept it still. They got into another round of playful struggling until she spat the saliva-coated sausage unto his shirt.
"Ew!" He cried, flicking it away. They laughed hard.
When they finally got themselves, she took in their position. He had one of his arms wrapped tightly around her, her left leg was up on the bench, resting on his and she had her head against his chest. He laid his head against hers, still laughing slightly.
She let herself stay that way for a few more seconds, noticing his arm tighten around her. She cleared her throat, straightening her legs and raising her head. She waited a few moments before he took off his arm. She scooted away, putting space between them.
"Don't you want to make your hair?" He questioned, his hand now running through her thick full hair she struggled to maintain.
"I'm too lazy to start," She shrugged.
"Then don't. Keep your hair like this, it fits you," He complimented, his fingers still running through her hair.
"You're really good at giving subtle compliments but I want to make my hair." She answered. His fingers left her hair and she frowned internally, they were relaxing.
He pulled the table behind them closer then gently pushed her shoulders back so she leaned against it.
She blushed, seeing he had noticed how rigid she had been. He smiled, noticing her blush.
"So you don't only blush for boys you are not acquainted with," He commented, still smiling.
"That was a blush of embarrassment," she pointed at her cheek.
"Why were you embarrassed?" He asked.
Why was he suddenly closer? She narrowed her eyes at him. She could see he liked testing her.
"Why do you think?"
He retreated to resting his head on his palm with his elbow on the table, still with his eyes on her. She sighed, picking up the Geography Waec past question to keep reading. Two questions later and she looked back at him. She was beginning to feel uncomfortable with his stares.
"What?" She snapped.
"I just want to look at you."