Chapter 11: Rape

"Kamsi is schooling in Nigeria."
Nonso hissed, "Who Kamsi epp? No insult but this is not the time you start making decisions based on feelings. Use your head," He tapped his head, "think of yourself, and your future first before anything. I am very sure this your high school love will not even last, so will you now jeopardize everything for it? Even if it lasts, do you think Kamsi will like it if she hears that you don't even want to study Civil Engineering and that your dad pressures you? If at all you want to think with feelings, think in the aspect of making her proud of you."
Kaito sighed and hung his head.
"What again? Abi, you are still doing love is blind?" Nonso accused.
"I'll go."
"What?"
"I'll go to Aunt Felicity's place oo, Nonso, don't make me go deaf."
"Better. Even if love is blind, I'll make sure your own love will not be blind."
Kaito cracked a smile that quickly faded.
"Oya, what is the other thing that's troubling you?" Nonso eyed him, "Because it seems you are growing fond of keeping secrets from me."
"Like you don't hide stuff too," Kaito shot him a look, "Like the fact that you are eyeing my sittie."
Nonso made a non-committal sound, "That one is not important. What is up with you?"
Kaito stared at him and then shrugged. "Kamsi hasn't said yes," He opened up, "I don't know why, maybe she still thinks I'll leave her."
"Said yes to what?"
"To being my girlfriend, I asked her last week."
Nonso fell silent then he shook his head. "Too many secrets," He mumbled and spoke, "You are going to leave her anyway, why are you bothered?"
Kaito stared at him. "I thought you sincerely liked her, why are you talking like that?"
"I do, I do," He raised his hands in defense, "I am just..." He paused as people began trooping into the class.
"Let's go outside," Kaito suggested and they both rose and left, greeting a few classmates on the way.
"I am just saying things from a logical point of view," Nonso continued as they strolled towards the more quiet field, "this is exam period, there is no time to be bothered about relationship drama, we are supposed to be securing our future. So... wait, what do you want to gain by making her your girlfriend at this time? What do you want to offer her? I have to admit that you guys are good as friends and your relationship is healthy but what else do you want apart from reading together and gisting? And yes, you are going to leave her, and trust me, long-distance won't work at this stage. Y'all are still growing and trying to find yourself, don't try to make things too serious when you know you can't offer her stability. I know Kamsi and I'm sure she'll be glad to let you go if it's for your good. If it is God's will, maybe you'll meet again in the future."
"You like long stories and you are too harsh with your words," Kaito complained.
"It's just fact and you are the one always making me talk so much, Kamsi too. Stressful people."
Nonso peered at his friend and began to laugh.
"Don't tell me you are crying," He laughed, "Tochukwu, seriously!?"
Kaito hurriedly dried his eyes and glared at him. "It's the wind."
"My goodness," He forced out between laughs, "I didn't know you liked her this much or I would have made my words softer. Ha, this is serious."
"Shut up," Kaito shot him an annoyed look, "You were the one running your mouth when you wanted us to get back together, now you are talking as if you were never in support."
He laughed evilly, "You can't blame me, I build and destroy. Anyway, how do you advise I go about getting Danielle to like me?"
Kaito raised a brow, "I thought it was Toyosi."
"Guy, forget Toyosi," he waved him off.
Kaito shrugged, "I think she has something going on with Onyebuchi."
"Yeah," He agreed, "but it's not serious. You know she has had a crush on you for the longest time, I'll just offer myself to her as your replacement."
Kaito laughed, "You are not serious."
"I am. To be honest, I caught her and Onyebuchi kissing after one night prep and since then, I've been wanting to kiss her. If I get that kiss, I'll be fine."
"Guy," Kaito chuckled in amusement, "You are not going to use my seatmate like that."
"I am not using her," Nonso pouted, "I am saving her actually. M.K. and co dared Buchi to fuck her as payment for the 10k Buchi borrowed from him to do that his birthday party."
Kaito stopped in his tracks, eyes wide, "You are joking."
"Will I be joking about something like this? Obviously, they'll hide it from you because you are her seatmate and friend," They began walking again, "I wasn't even supposed to know but my guy, Tunji, im dey always run am for me."
"Wow," Kaito shook his head in disbelief, "I should not be surprised but wow... I don't think Dani... I mean, I don't think Dani will let him touch her like that. Are she and Buchi that serious?"
Nonso scoffed, "Because you didn't see the way Buchi was manhandling her. We gats have a plan, you save your sittie, I get my kiss."
"What plan?" Kaito shot him a look, "You'll tell her and she'll make her choice, simple."
Nonso hissed, "You can't even play knight in shining armour. How does Kamsi even like you?"
"Is it rape?" Kaito suddenly asked, stopping in his tracks, "Is it to get him to sleep with her or to rape her?"
Nonso paused too. He looked at his best friend and looked towards the classrooms then looked back at him.
"I actually don't know."