Special Nonso's Chapter

He was coming from Church, making his way to his class, Kamsi's class, Tochukwu's class, he wasn't sure yet. They might not even be in class. Lovebirds, he scoffed. Lovebirds left him to walk to class alone when they knew he didn't like to be alone.
The voice was faint at first so he didn't hear but the second time, he heard.
"Nonso!"
He recognized the voice first before he saw the face. Danielle. She was waving at him from the refectory's staircase where she was sitting. He changed direction and made his way to her.
"How is Kamsi?" She asked when he got to her.
"Fine. She's better," He answered, sitting next to her, "You didn't go to Church."
She was Protestant. The Protestants weren't done with their service.
"Too boring," She said with a shrug, "Wats up? We haven't spoken in a long time."
Since the accident. He glanced at her.
"I am still wondering why they changed their target to Kamsi," He said slowly and meaningfully, "Was their target Kamsi all along or did they change their plans at the last minute?"
She guiltily tucked a loose twist behind her ear.
"I think I may have had something to do with that," She said cheekily and he looked at her, "I confronted Buchi two days before, I even slapped him. It seriously did not cross my mind that he'd look for another victim."
"I told you not to confront him," He sighed, pressing a hand to his temple.
Her eyes narrowed at him. "Don't even try blaming me. You told me, so what? Are you the one your love interest was planning to rape? Of course, I had to confront him. I apologize though, but it still isn't my fault. MK that orchestrated it all is walking around scot-free and you dare blame me."
His cheeks twitched and he bit his lip to fight the smile. She blinked, her gaze falling to his lips. She snorted and pushed his face away.
"You know MK is invincible. We don't have any proof and no one will support us if we report him," He said seriously, "And I don't want to put my girls in any trouble again. Who knows what he'll do if he finds out I reported him?"
"So much for big boys," She sighed, "Are you hiding babies in school? Who are your girls?"
He chuckled, "Kamsi, Toyosi, you."
She looked at him at the last word and rolled her eyes.
"I know that the only reason you are sitting here with me is because your best friend abandoned you for his girl."
"Does it matter?" He grinned.
"If you are so concerned about me not going to Church, come with me next Sunday."
"I'll die in my Church."
"I'll follow you to yours."
"You'll distract me."
"Of course," She smirked, "I'll go to the mosque instead but I don't want my fine knees to touch the ground."
"They have mats."
"I don't care."
He stared at her and shook his head with a chuckle. "Are you an atheist?"
She smiled, "I am still finding God for myself."
"What if I go with you now?"
Her large doe eyes widened, "Now? To the protestant Chapel?"
He nodded.
"Uh..." She looked at her feet then looked in the direction of the Chapel and back at him, "What about next Sunday?"
"Why can't you go today?" He asked in amusement.
She opened her mouth and shut it. "How about that kiss you wanted in return for helping me? Do you still want it?"
He raised a brow, even more amused, "You'll kiss me instead of going to Church?"
"I don't want to go to Church and I rarely get alone time with you."
"Ask."
"I care about my ego."

He looked away to hide his grin, his heart racing in excitement.
"Behind the door," She suggested, getting to her feet, "Is that private enough?"
"I guess." He rose too, his legs suddenly wobbly. He grabbed the hanky she had been sitting on and shook the dust off it.
"Thank you," She smiled sweetly when he offered it to her.
They went into the refectory but behind the door wasn't so private so they went into the Box, to the far back.
"Is this your first time?" She asked when she noticed him rubbing his palms against his trouser.
"Yup." He didn't look at her. They were talking quietly.
"You are nervous," She observed with a chuckle, "Don't be. I'll teach you."
They were backed up in the corner. He put his arms around her back. She smiled.
"Follow my lead," She whispered and pressed her soft lips to his.