Feeling Better Love? (Jegulus)

This is gonna be realllyyyy short

AU where they are still wizards but like the war isn't happening. Walburga and Orion are still assholes. 1 year after Sirius left. Sirius and Regulus are on....terms not bad just not yk good either...

James POV

Sirius and I were hanging in my room while my mum and dad were out somewhere when we heard the doorbell ring. It was late so we were both confused about who could be at the door. "I'll get it." I walked up to the door and as I opened it my face dropped in shock. 

At the door I saw Regulus, my boyfriend. Normally I would've been overjoyed to see him but right now I couldn't believe what I was seeing. With a black eye, a bloody nose, and just bruises and blood on every part of his skin that I could see, this was giving me deja-vu from when his brother showed up on my porch in a very similar condition. There was a bag next to him and tears streaming down his face, "James, my mother- she- ", that's all he could get out before he broke down completely. 

I rushed to pick him up and carry him and the bag to the couch. "Holy shit- Sirius!" I yelled. "What's wro- Oh my fucking god. I've never hated that bitch more than I do now. ", He said running down the stairs obviously talking about his mother.. "Quick grab me the...", I named 3 potions I knew that my mum used when Sirius and I got hurt (which was often because of the amount of dumb shit we did on the daily). 

"Okay", he said and sprinted off to get them. "I'll be right back," Reggie gave some semblance of a nod and I ran to the kitchen to wet some towels with some warm water to clean Reggie's face and some cups for the potions. When I got back Sirius was already there putting the potions on the table, trying to calm Regulus down. "Alright Reg deep breaths for me okay. In. Out. In. Out.", He demonstrated while I organized the potions on the table and poured them into the cups. Once Sirius had succeeded in calming Regulus down I gave him the potions,"Here Reggie, drink these," he drank them all quickly. As Sirius gave him some space, I could see his face sag with relief as the potions washed away the pain. 

I grabbed one of the towels I wet and keeled in front of him and started cleaning off his face. I felt his body relax and saw him close his eyes as I gently grabbed his face. I cleaned up the tear tracks and blood, making sure to be careful around the bruised area of his face."Feeling better love?", I whispered once his face was as clean as I could get it with water. He opened his eyes and managed a small, soft smile and whispered back, "Yeah, a little." I smiled softly and leaned up a pressed soft kiss to his lips,"Good". His face went slightly pink.

"WAIT A DAMN MINUTE", Sirius said loudly (and dramatically) but not quite yelling. We had both forgotten that he was there. "YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY I JUST HAD A DEMONSTRATION OF HOW GOOD YOU ARE FOR REGGIE BECAUSE IF I HADN'T- YOU WOULD BE DEAD", he said pointing at me, "AND YOU-", he said pointing at Reg, "YOU WOULD NEVER HEAR THE END OF HOW HORRIBLE I THINK YOUR TASTE IS", "Oi!", I said bursting into laughter at Sirius' dramatics. He even coaxed a laugh out of Regulus. "YOU KNOW WHAT! I CANT TAKE IT! SUCH BETRAYAL! IM GOING TO BED!", He made a show out off walking to and up the stairs.

I stood up and sat next to Reggie pulling him into my lap so that he was facing me. I wrapped my hands around his waist. "You wanna talk about it?", Reg shook his head before burying his face into the crook of my neck and tightening his arms around it. "Wanna go to bed?" I felt him nod so I stood up still holding him and carried him up the stairs with me to my room. I set him down on my bed and gave him a pair of  old sweats that would actually sorta fit him and one of my hoodies. (It was so big it went over his hands.) He climbed into my bed and I got in after him, he wrapped his arms around my torso curling into me. I wrapped my arms around him and put my head on top of his. "Goodnight Reggie" "Goodnight Jamie"Before I went to sleep, I swore I would protect Regulus from anyone else for the rest of my life, even if it was his so-called "family".

soooo what do we thinkkk

This is without a doubt my fave jegulus one shot I've written

i personally loved writing the dramatics episode Sirius had

what is your opinion on dumbledore?

disrespectfully- he can kiss my ass. i get that he was woking for "the greater good" and all that bs but he litteraly used and lied to everyone. i am of the opinion that alot of the deaths in the hp series can be tracked back to him- even some that happened after he died.

SHIP/PROMPT SUGGESTIONS HERE