Decisions

(I definitely will have to rewrite some of these earlier chapters 🫶🏻)

________________________________________

I'm sorry if anything comes off wrong, or maybe there's some plot holes, or I skip anything. I've been doing my best to write and I'll eventually proof over it when I can. I've lost my grandfather recently and it's been hard on me, plus one of my animals is not doing so well. If you spot any mistakes or have any critiques, please absolutely feel free to let me know and I will fix them! I'd hate for the story to drop in quality. 🫶🏻 just reply to this paragraph to make it easier for me to find, thank you!

________________________________________

"Jake? Are you okay?"

He's takes his time as he finally comes to, slowly rubbing along the sides of his head as he groans uncomfortably.

Tuk's nightmares may have finally settled, but his were only getting started. Unfortunately worse with each passing night.

"Jake?"
You lean in and delicately press a hand to his thigh, moving to laying down in front of him as he wakes.

"Sorry." He breathes out, his heart still racing as his lungs tighten.
"I didn't mean to wake you."

Of course that's his concern.

"I was already awake." You speak out softly. "Are you okay?"

You lean back a bit as he straightens, looking around the room with his half-lidded eyes.
"Where are the kids?"

It worries him that the room is empty aside from the both of you.

"They're fine.
They're at the end of the shore, all together with Tonowari's kids."

He leans in to your body, and closes his eyes in relief as he exhales ever so deeply.

"What happened this time?" You worriedly ask while placing a hand around the back of his head - just as his nose pushes against your neck.

"I don't remember most of it." He admits.
"I was in a room with Grace, Tsu'tey, Trudy, and-" Jake's voice breaks ever so slightly. "-our son'."
He pauses for a moment, probably to gather his thoughts.
"Quaritch showed up, and next thing I know - I'm covered in their blood with their corpses around me."

He will forever bear those deaths, and even with killing Quaritch twice, it never relieved him of the pain.

"Oh, Jake."