Y'kanama 2

"Spider, here." Jake calls out and gently pats beside him as he lays against one of the trees.
"Do not leave my sight."

"Yes, sir." He says, and he crawls over a few feet to lay against him comfortably.

"Kids, stay with the guards I've assigned to Kiri. Ask them to work in shifts taking the skimwings to the other end of the island. We're along the—" he pulls up his map, trying to trace back where they originally came from.
"—eastern shore. We may need them soon.
We will only be a few hours at most, waiting on daylight."

"What did he say?" Da'mik asks Lo'ak, and the two part as they were previously leaned against lo'ak's Ikran.

"He wants the skimwings moved to his end of the island, probably for a quick getaway if something happens?"

"I can help." Kiri insists, and they watch as she pulls herself up to stand. "I've been practicing... but I think I've gotten this down."

"Gotten what down?" Da'mik asks curiously.

She doesn't even respond, simply asking that the guards step aside as she moves her arms around.
It's like the animals are in some sort of a trance, maybe? All but the few needed for the guards here.

Before they can even ask her what she's doing, she takes a seat on one and as a large crowd the rest all follow.

"Kiri!" Da'mik calls out and waves his arms.

"Shit, what the hell is she doing?" Lo'ak asks as he starts to turn. "I've gotta go after her."

"Give her a minute." Da'mik holds a hand out to his brothers chest. "She may come back."

The few minutes it takes her is hell for them both, their hearts racing with panic as they're becoming more impatient by the second.

Lo'ak is sitting at the edge, not seeing much other than dark blue and black coloring into the distance.
It's still too dark.
"She's not here. I'm going." And he pushes himself from the rocks, all before Da'mik stops him again and gestures out in the direction he just came from.

"Lo'ak, look, look!"

Kiri is back on her own skimwing this time, which both boys are surprised to see considering how much training went into taming one of these for each individual rider.

"What the hell, Kiri?
Why would you just go off like that without us?"
Probably the first time in a while lo'ak's been irritated with her.

"What exactly was that?" Da'mik chimes in as she shakes off the water from her braid and joins them again.

"I realized a while back I could start.. I don't know." She sighs for lack of wording. "-control? Things? Animals, I mean. I figured I'd try it here and get them moved in one go so it's easier."

"Didnt you do this with the fish back when we lost Mom and Tuk?" Da'mik asks.

"Yeah, actually. I did. It's fascinating, isn't it?"

"Little miss magical powers or not — You still should not have gone alone." Lo'ak scolds. "Dads going to kill us all if he realizes that you did."

"It's fine. the skimwings are lined up and ready to go." She argues. "You know, brother. We're not little kids anymore. We can handle certain tasks without the added helicoptering."

"You try explaining that to him." Lo'ak groans. "To him, we're still toddlers."