🔞

Just as you're finally settled with Kiri — reading one of your books as she sleeps so sweetly beside you — Jake walks through the hut doors late past midnight, making sure the best he can not to make too much noise as he comes in to one of the bedrooms areas.

"You okay?" You whisper out with a hand now over Kiris left ear as her face is on your chest.
Absolutely passed out cold from an earlier breastfeeding.

"Yeah, he's just been really fussy tonight. Norm offered to switch with me so he could take Niikeym and I'd take Da'mik — but I don't think it would have helped."
His voice is so raspy as he speaks, clearly tired and beyond worn out.
"He's hungry and the fridge stock is low."

Ah.
That makes the most sense.
"I'll take him, it's alright."

Jake sits at the edge of the bed, and you carefully sit up to take Niikeym — his little hands grabbing for anything he can in the way.

Jake watches the whole thing with a beautiful smile, reaching out to gently tuck some loose hair behind Kiris ear as she's so comfortably huddled in with you.

Jake crawls to the other end of the bed once you're settled, and places a warm hand on the back of niikeyms head as he nurses.

"This is the most peace I've known in the past two hours with him." Jake remarks. "Too bad I can't nurse him, that sure would help."

He favors the way you smile at his joke, and reaches his hand out to stroke the back of his fingers against the side of your face. Kissing your cheek so delicately.

It always feels so empty not having one of the kids here, but it was for the best until they could each handle one another's air for longer periods of time.

Kiri seems to move then, sensing her father has come in as she rubs her eyes and turns around as she wakes.

She can't say more than a few noises just yet, but the cute way she reaches her arms out is more than enough for Jake as he leans in to grab her and bring her to his chest.

"Hi baby girl." He softly places her down, and she happily smiles as she lays her cheek across his shoulder and settles in once more.

"Be careful with that one.
She's had a lot to drink."
You warn him. "She's beyond milk drunk."

He soothingly rubs his palm along her back as she's playing with a strand of his hair.
"It's okay, I won't let her drive."

And yet, here you are as you wake so slowly with your teenage daughter in your arms.

At least you were done breastfeeding children, since keeping a steady supply was enough to drive you up a wall some weeks.

Her face is pressed into your arm, her hand so gently grabbing at your wrist as he liked to hold things while she slept sometimes.

Her precious face scrunches up when you lean in to kiss her temple, barely moving or acknowledging anything.

The boys, however, are on the other end working on breakfast as Jake is still out cold.

They're whisper-yelling at one another to stay quiet, not to wake Tuk, and trying to organize things.

Just as you manage to turn over enough to get a better look - you realize Tuk is curled up in her fathers chest.

At least they're both out; unable to hear the commotion currently driving you nuts.

"No, you don't do it that- — ow!"
A small 'bonk' sound happens just as Spider is whacked on the head by Lo'ak with one of the bowls used to set over the small cooking fire.
"What the hell was that for?" Spider rubs at the sore spot, with the other two laughing at him now.