M O W | 2

"I gotta hand it to you, Spider.
Our radar only went so far out, even with the samsons flying around — there was no way we'd have been able to pinpoint the Sully's so soon."
    He holds his face up, despite the low snarling sound Spider emits as some sort of a threat.
  It disgusts Lo'ak to see the way he smiles so cheerfully.
    "-Not until you came back here."
His tail hitting the ground a time or two while he adjusts, before he taps on Spider's mask.
   "You did a good job coming within range so we could follow you back, son."

Spiders face shifts from pissed off, fearful, and finally frozen on shock as he processes.

The tracking device.

Spider strains against the Na'vi that holds him in place, yet still thrashes around and hisses at Quaritch in return.

    "I switched out that mask." He defends, spitting out his words with anger as droplets cover the inside of his mask. "—Left it on that ship like I should have with you."

Quaritch is almost pained by the words, arching a brow faintly as he brings himself to stand back up.

His lips curling inward with insult as he places a hand on his hip.

He cherished that last act Spider gave him, despite running away in the end.

    "All the masks on board had trackers." Quaritch informs him. "-So unless you know how to turn it off, all you did was put yourself right back in my sight."

As the wind picks up, Lo'ak feels a bead of sweat trickle down his back.
He can feel the heat of the building fire behind him, and it makes him uneasy.

Still, he can't look away from the scene in front of him. He wishes there was something he could do to help Spider, but he knows that he's powerless against Quaritch.

Left to watch as he makes his way around the others, before settling on him.

Their faces inches apart as he observes every little scar and wrinkle in the avatars face.

Quaritch wears a disgusting, cruel smirk on his face as Lo'ak glares up at him. His eyes filled with defiance, refusing to waver and let him see how truly terrified he is.

For a moment, there's silence, and it's the only bit of peace these kids would know for days to come.

"Well, well." Quaritch scoffs in the younger ones face.
   "-Seems you're not as tough as you thought. Guess you're only able to escape when your big brother comes to rescue you, huh?"

Lo'ak's heart pounds in his chest as Quaritch laughs heartily at his expense.    
   His eyebrows giving away the devastated look on his face.

"You're sick." Lo'ak spits while he pulls against the restraints, his voice shaking with rage.

Quaritch's laughter died down as he regarded Lo'ak with a cold, calculating gaze.
   "He got what was coming to him, as will your father and mother when they show."

"You really think they'll find them all the way out here, Sir?" Wainfleet finally speaks out.

Quaritch takes his time turning to him, and stands as he paces a bit over.
   "Doesn't matter where we take them. They'll always find them."
   And the kids watch as Quaritch pulls up something on his watch.
   "Except now, we've got the upper hand. We're surrounded by cameras, alerts.. everything we'd need."

Lo'ak yells something out that Quaritch doesn't quite understand, but it's not too far off from what Spider yelled when he was held captive and throwing chairs around for the first time.