Resolutions | 1

Da'mik awakes the next morning, rolling over and forcing himself out of bed as his stomach rumbles with hunger.

He and Rotxo had stayed up late last night devouring everything Tsireya brought them, which means he'd be spending his morning fishing.

At least that bit he can do, already having his own canoe made to fit his size.

The morning weather is so beautiful as he sits back in it, letting the soft winds take over as he tries to forget... if even for a moment, all the troubles his family has faced.

The only news he got was from Rotxo which was passed from Tonowari... explaining that the island had been swept and not even ikrans were to be found.

He just had to hold on to hope that his father would find them.

Payakan was still helping, Lo'ak having already checked for the morning — but no progress was made there, either.

Jake had come back to plan out a few things at one point — but after a meal that his children insisted he scarf down — he was off in no time. Refusing to waste more time than needed.

who knows how long this would unfortunately take.

Da'mik finally stands from his boat, and decides to go for a swim as he holds his crossbow at his hip.
Waiting for the right time to strike at an oncoming fish — they're rather large compared to him, but it's never been an issue.

Although, it was a lot easier to haul this thing onto the boat when Spider was here.

He keeps throwing it over the edge, only for its now-dead body to flop back into the water before he can fully toss it.

"Da'mik? You need some help?" A fellow friend of his approaches on her own boat, having noticed he was out and alone by himself here. Taytsi, is her name.
She's similar appearance-wise to Tsireya, but taller, older, and more bulky.. as well as spotting a tattoo up along her shoulder.

He breathes out heavily with a raspy tone, almost frustrated merely at the fishes existence.

"Hey Taytsi.
Uh-" He reaches out to move the stray pieces of hair from his mask.
"-Yeah, I guess I could, actually."

She comes in closer, and grabs for the fish as well as helping him into her own boat.

"You really shouldn't be in the water so soon after your ink. You don't want it to fade too fast." She reminds.

"Ah, shit." He looks down at it, already brushing off water that's soaked his skin.

"Don't-" she reaches out to stop him. "—you'll just make it worse. I'll get you taken care of back home, I have some stuff you can put on it."

"Wow." He enthusiastically says as he leans in, getting a better look at her own fresher ink.
"That's such a large design."

It covers a good bit of her shoulder, down her arm, and only a small bit to her clavicle.

"How long did that take?"

"I only finished up a few hours ago." She explains. "Tomorrow I'll get to finish my Tulkuns. They're so much larger than ours, so it takes a few sessions.
—-I haven't been able to sleep so I was out for a walk, and saw you. Figured you could use company."

She reaches over to the end of his boat, and ties it with hers so it's easier to get back to shore together.

"How are you doing by the way?" She asks so softly. "Any updates?"

"No, nothing other than realizing nobody's on the original island where they went missing anymore. My mother and sisters Ikrans are gone, too. My dads searching all he can, but nothing has been found yet. I'm hoping the ikrans come back in for a rest and show up eventually."