Spellman | 1

"Are you nervous to get your shot?"

"Ah." Jake shortly answers at first with a slight shrug. "Not really. I can't imagine it would even remotely compare to what you went through with the kids."

"That's true." You acknowledge as you walk up behind him and place a palm on his head. "-Which is why I'm glad you're the one doing this."

"Anything for you, my love." He cheeses. "Besides, needles don't always bother me. You saw the tattoos I had on my human body."

"Don't always? When have they ever?"

"Listen, I'll lay down for a tattoo - get drunk - I don't care. But when they had to do certain shots for going over seas, some of the sizes of those... ick. No thanks. Never again."

"Never again? Our avatars have had shots so they wouldn't spread anything."

"Yeah... and I hated every second of it." He groans.

"Poor baby. At least you didn't go through contractions and the first epidural failing. That was hell." You phrase, staring over to Da'mik as he's working on some side project with Spider.

"What?" Da'mik innocently calls out as he notices the way you stare at him. "—Not like it was my fault. I didn't ask to be here."

Spider laughs at the way you two look at one another, and it fades as you stare at him, too.
"Don't look at me." He raises his hands sarcastically. "I didn't even come from either of you."

"Exactly." Lo'ak inserts himself. "You're a stray animal we can't seem to get rid of."

"Oh, come on." Kiri sounds rather annoyed at the jokes they're always making.
Lo'ak doesn't stop snickering, so she whacks him on the back of the head.
Right in the queue.
"Don't even. He's family."

"Ow."
He rubs at the now sore spot.
"Ass."

And she does it again.
"Shut up."

Tuk laughs at the bickering, more than enjoying herself as she's helping her human brother with his project.

They're making their own netting to help catch some fish — it's large enough to tie onto Payakan, and swim around for a bit so there's less of a risk next time an Akula tries to start anything.

"Isn't Norm supposed to be here soon? He said he'd leave at first light, now it's after lunch." Lo'ak asks, trying to change the subject.
Or perhaps it's wishful thinking that Lia might save him from the wrath of Kiri.

"Soon." You remind him. "The ikrans need a break on the way down, don't forget. I'm sure they're almost here."

"I just hope they didn't get caught in anything on the trip... too many eyes on us lately." Jake worries.

"Oh, shoot -" Da'mik races out to stand by the opening of the pod. "—I think that's them!"

"Well if it's an Ikran coming in and not our flock then of course it-" Kiri smacks Lo'ak as he's smart mouthing his brother.

"Ow! Seriously! Would you stop it Kiri?"

"Not until you straighten up."

"Which means your hand will hurt long into the time he's our age." Jake laughs.

The rest of the kids are up and out, racing over to meet Lia and Norm as they part from their Ikran.

Of course with you shortly behind in tow.

The kids have already surrounded them both, crowding around with hugs and such before you even reach him.

He came in the same way you and the kids did that first day, except only a few Metkayina seem interested enough to watch as everything is unloaded.