Safe and Sound 🔞

You're propped up by your elbows, now grasping on to Lo'ak and Rotxo's hands (as they so kindly offered).

Jake has to slip a leather strap between your teeth, and a cloth cover over that which he ties behind your head — and perhaps in any other situation.. you would absolutely make a joke of that.

"Okay. I'll count down." He warns, and you already hate it when just his fingertips touch the back of your leg. "I'm sorry, we don't have time to wait for the pain killers to completely kick in."

You're not even listening as he does, only screaming out in pain as it happens. The kids try to help, squeezing back as you grasp their fingers so tightly.

Rotxo undoes the straps around your face as you're gasping for air —- "Holy fucking Mary mother of jesus-" you complain, and of course the boys don't get the reference and side eye one another.

Da'mik's just outside the pod laughing his head off, though. He hasn't heard you like that in so long. And kiris probably covering Tuk's ears.

"Next time.. knock me out first." You suggest, and let the boys hands go as you flatten out on the floor. "- Holy fucking hell."

"Can we come back in now?" Kiri asks.

"Yeah, she's patched up." Jake answers, and honestly the stitches were somehow even worse than the initial yanking of that damn arrow. You're just lucky it wasn't laced with poison like Neytiri did with her arrows.
"Come on back."

Da'mik is first in, and he grabs for a wash rag and dips it in cool water before dabbing it along your face, trying to help get the sweat off your brow.
"You need anything, Mom?" He asks so sweetly.

"Epidural would be nice." You attempt as a joke. "I'd like to not be able to feel my legs right about now—"

Ah, shit.

You turn over to Jake.
"Sorry. Bad choice of words."

He doesn't seem bothered, though. He only laughs at the irony of things.

Jake comes up on your other side, and brushes his finger tips along your shoulder.
"I'm sorry I couldn't wait for the morphine, but it will hit soon."

"I can't believe I gave birth to that big headed kid over there, and somehow it still hurt less than what you just did, Jake."

Da'mik scoffs as he crouches down beside you.

"Hey, not his fault." Jake adds. "He's got my big head."

"Yeah, and lo'ak's got your big ass ego." Da'mik remarks.

Tuk finds it all hilarious, of course.
Some semblance of things being normal.. even if it doesn't last for long.

"Hey!" Lo'ak shoots out. "Asshole."

You simply sigh and ignore them for the moment, waving over for Spider and Kiri to join in closer.

"I know you two aren't okay." You start with. "But is there anything that either of you need?"

"Lunch... and a nap." Spider shortly answers.

"Yeah, that sounds great right about now." Kiri agrees.

"I'm glad you two are okay." Jake says as he reaches out to press a palm to either of their chests. "Let's never do that again, huh? I'm not intending on a strike three."

"But isn't the saying third times the charm in English?" Da'mik asks.

"Shut up, Da'mik." Jake says in unison with you, and he laughs at the coincidence.

"You're right, I don't want to jinx it." Da'mik waves it off.

"You kids stay here, get some sleep. I'm gonna call in Norm and make sure everything's okay." Jake says.