Unexpected | 2

"Maybe.. its.. not updated?" Max offers.
"Error? Maybe they're making another clone in the future to build him from?"

Jake is still wordless, and by the way his chest moves — it's no surprise he's barely breathing.

Dissociating is how he processes, and expressing your feelings with any range of emotion is exactly how yours work.

Two opposite sides of this.

Norm manages to turn in his chair, and looks over to Max with a horrified glare in his eyes.

"I-" He chokes up for a moment.
"I don't know."

"I killed him. I may not remember much from blacking out, but I know I choked him out." Jake barely croaks out between tearful words, his teeth gritting together the further along he goes.

Angry beyond belief.

Max takes the liberty of grabbing an extra comms link, and it takes a few seconds for someone to answer him.

"Kids.
Kids." He quickly starts with.
"I need all of you at the base, immediately."

—————————

"That doesn't sound good." Da'mik remarks as he's first to stand and give a small response back to max.
"Come on everyone. Leave the plates, we can clean up later."

"Spiders still out there." Kiri says with worry.

"I'll call for him." Da'mik insists. "- the rest of you go in. Now."

Even Tsireya, who nervously holds lo'ak's hand the entire way out.

She hasn't felt this much tension in the air since they were all scolded by her father for letting Lo'ak bond with Payakan.

Aonung is the last behind - eyeing Da'mik as he's waving them off while trying to get a better signal to reach spider.

Jake is forced to take a seat at some point, with you asking that he do as his blood pressure and heart rate are sky rocketing.

He can only spare you a look as you lean in to listen to his breathing, and as you pull back - he places his palm on your cheek.

Drowning you with the fear and anger that fill his eyes.

The kids make their way in finally, startling you with how the door opens so quickly.

It's a good thing they added the base extension, and opened up the living room area.

No way would all of the kids fit in here together like this.

Lo'ak is the first to notice you and Jake on the floor, sitting together.
"Mom? Dad?" He asks as his brows lift up and press together in concern. "What's going on?"

Tsireya feels the weight of his hand drop from hers as he makes his way quickly to you both; and gets down on one knee as he checks over his father.

"What happened?"
Hes afraid to have even asked.

Jake's expression makes it seem like he hasnt slept in weeks with how heavy his eyelids feel.

Max voices out, pressing on the comms again as he notices the headcount runs a bit... short.
Pun not quite intended.
"Da'mik, Spider, where are you two? You need to get home, now."

It's silence for a bit, until Da'mik finally responds.
"Im trying to find Spider." He admits. "He isn't answering his comms."

But little do they know, he can hear everything.