Happier Days | 3

"Oh, Shit." Da'mik suddenly yells out as he resurfaces from below with his crossbow. "—-Everyone, get on your ilus — NOW!"

   Taysti is first to respond, not even questioning why or what — and helps him on as he's rushing.
   Hes breathing heavily with panic as he lightly taps the ilus side, signaling for it to move forward.

     "It's a fucking Akula."
He warns. "—we need to get out of here."

Spider is still nonchalantly floating in the water, kicking his feet out at a slow pace as he barely turns to view Da'mik.
"The fuck is a-"

"SPIDER!" Rotxo shouts as he cuts off his thought, and yanks him by his arm to sit beside him.

Kiris able to grab Tsireya before it's too late, and she holds on to Tuk as they distance themselves a fair bit.

"Where's Lo'ak?" Aonung asks nervously as he's still standing on top of Payakan.

"Girls, get the fish we caught out of here, it may draw in the Akula and we don't need that. Go." Da'mik warns.
  "Rotxo, Spider — go after them. They may need help getting home."

Which now leaves Da'mik, Taytsi, Aonung, and Lo'ak behind.

The Akula is still circling around, uninterested in them so far.

Thankfully.

"LO'AK!" Aonung calls, and it's just luck he surfaces then.
"You absolute Moron! Get out of the water. there's an Akula hanging around."

Da'mik and Taytsi are far off in the distance, but refuse to leave until Lo'ak is safe like the others.

Lo'ak is somewhere inbetween that rather large distance, swimming his way over to Aonung and Payakan as fast as he can.

Payakan is too large of a target, just barely out of sight of the Akula with the larger reef offering that blind spot. If he tries to move to get Lo'ak, it risks too much.

The water is so clear, thankfully offering a direct view as the Akula is distracted with a school of fish at the moment.

Aonung is standing as close as he can to the edge of Payakan's head, grabbing onto the front part that fans out.

Lo'ak is close, but not nearly enough to render him safe.
He even comes up for air — which not only stops him, but leaves him vulnerable.
   "LO'AK!" He hears, except this time it mirrors Niikeym's voice.
   As if he's still here scolding him for the trouble he gets himself into.

"LO'AK!" The voice sounds again, and he looks over to see Aonung motioning for him to hurry.

But it's too late, the Akula has already spotted him and is making a B-Line for him.
"Move, Payakan." Aonung asks of him so suddenly.
"- Now."

With few other options left, Aonung gives himself a bit of speed before diving off when close enough — grabbing around lo'ak's waist as the momentum helps him shove Lo'ak out of the way.

They narrowly escape the Akula as it has to turn around —- Aonung calling for his ilu as he throws Lo'ak on first.

"PAYAKAN!" Lo'ak yells with distraught, watching as his sea brother fights with the damn thing all over again.
   Like last time, he's able to handle himself. Through what few moments he can spare, he tells the others to get out of here and he will meet them later. Insisting he's okay and can handle it.

Despite lo'ak's protests, Aonung jumps on in front of him and links in — motioning for Taytsi to go ahead of him as they escape freely into the distance.