• || Change

Da'mik is the first to break the uncomfortable silence - stepping closer to the creek even as Kiri faintly keeps her fingers on his shoulders.
     "Spider... What is he talking about?"

Lia looks out to her father, and they each share a moment - confused and lost.

Spider can only spare Da'mik a one-off look, cherishing what moments he felt he had left with his fellow human counterpart.

Because once he told them, this would all be over.

He would never be forgiven, or accepted anywhere else again.

Lo'ak insists that Norm can trust to let him go, and it takes him a while before he finally sets him free.

Lo'ak focuses mostly on calming his heart rate, and catching his breath as he settles.

Watching.
    Waiting for spider to finally say something, anything.

"Stop stalling." Lo'ak calls out as he wipes the back of his hand against his mouth, and shakes off the blood gathered from biting his tongue before.
     "They deserve to know."

Which intrigues Da'mik even further, and he takes a couple more steps - albeit closer to lo'ak's side of this as he stares down Spider in concern.

"Spider." Jake sounds in, only tightening his grip as he watches the rest of the kids surround the area.

Tsireya is too heart broken to speak, and Aonung is trying his best to keep her together as she cries.

Lo'ak was right.
    Spider didn't have any dignity left, so he may as well give up whatever else remains to go with it.
   "Quaritch is alive because of me." Spider says with a weakens, broken, and strained voice. "I found him on accident when searching for you, I just .. couldn't let him die."

—-

"Are you good here?"

"Yes, we will be fine. Everyone is accounted for and safe, aside from my team." Neytiri answers. "They are on their way to Jake, to pick up the children."

The forest was bright again, bits and pieces of rubble thrown about and broken weaponry scattered all over the area.

It was just luck they escaped with no serious casualties.

Lo'ak's Ikran had taken the worst of it, but she would be okay with time.
     Arohk helped bring her back to High Camp, where the rest of you await further orders from Jake.

He hadn't said anything more after giving his coordinates, and you were due to go out there by yourself if he didn't follow up.

You thought they'd meet you here, or at the very least be here by now.

Although Tuk couldn't sleep, she still decided to rush to you the moment you landed. Back in her usual spot as she cradled right up on your torso, her safe place no matter which family member it was.

"Norm?" You radio out for him, seeing as Jake's comm seems to be shut off, or maybe the battery died at some point.
   "When will you be home? What's taking so long? Where's Jake? The kids?"

"Norm?"

Your heart sinks with a sense of worry and panic.
   What the hell was going on?

"Sorry." His voice finally rings through just as you were about to put Tuk down and head out. "Having a talk with the kids. We will be there soon."

A talk?
Shouldn't the main priority be getting them back here?

That doesn't make any sense.

You decide to go for it anyway - and set Tuk off with Evelyn before you have to part.