Happier Days | 2

"Turn around already, I want to show you something."

"You and the boys try throwing together a new art project out of old junk again? I really don't-"
   And your eyes land on him.
He's in his usual wheelchair, except this time he's got something wrapped around both of his legs. It's a sturdier metal frame, something similar to what the mech suits were made from.
"-Oh."

He motions for you to come closer, and smiles so widely you can't help but do the same in return.

"What did you do?"

"I can't quite walk in it since we can't hook it to any controls, but we've tested it out." He grips at your hands, and you help him as he lifts himself up.
It gives him an extra inch maybe, his form standing above you at his previous five foot eleven stature.
   He wraps his left arm around your waist, steadying himself as he kisses your forehead.

The first time he's done that without you both being in bed together or sitting down at the lab.

You're a little teary at first, and sniffle as he brings both arms around you for a moment to hold you. You lean down ever so slightly to press your nose to his neck.
"Look at you standing.
—-How's the weather up there?"
You ask him, and you can feel the way he laughs in return with his throat so close to your face.

"If only you could put me on your shoulders and ask that like I did."

"Yeah... that's not happening." You place your hand on your abdomen, gently feeling around for the fetus developing.
Little Da'mik.

Jake places his hand over yours, rubbing along your fingers.
"Babe." He says so suddenly, and adjusts himself so he's looking at you more directly.

"Yes?"
It's so weird having to look up at him for a change, instead of nearly twisting your neck and watching your ankles to speak to him.

He brings your hand out, and rubs his thumb along your palm.
  "I know it's not as formal as it should be, all things considered." Jake grins.

"What isn't formal?" You ask, confused.
Despite the gleam in his eye as he continues to smile.

He inhales deeply and brings your knuckles up to his mouth, and kisses them lovingly.
"I've thought about this a lot lately, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get to it."

You stare between both of his eyes, wondering what he's going on about as he finds the courage to work up to it. "The babies will be here sooner than we think, and I wont be in this form for much longer after that." He swallows thickly, as if pacing himself.
"—Will you do me the honor and marry me while I'm still human?"

"Oh, Jake."
Your lips uncontrollably downturn as you tear up and bring your hand to his jaw, stroking his face ever so gently.
"Of course I will."

Despite being together with your avatars, Jake really wanted this one last thing with you before he transferred.

He knew what being human meant, and he wanted to let you have every experience he could.

A beautiful and small, intimate ceremony.

Only luck that max been ordained from a friends wedding during college.

It wasn't anything too fancy, something small held in one of the larger meeting rooms they cleared out and decorated.

Since you'd have your Navi traditions, you left this one to just your original group.
The avatar drivers and scientists you first came in with, and got to know as your first family.
    Your loving, small group of humans that have taken Pandora as their home.