Healing

Jake's fingernails strongly indent on your outer thigh as he pulls you in closer with his right arm.

He licks a teasing stripe up the side of your neck, and bites down on that same spot as you both cry out with heavier moans.

His hands move to crossing along your torso, holding you there in a backwards hug as you both catch your breath. He doesn't want to let go just yet, let alone part from one another.

"Jake." You softly whisper out between dry, quickened breaths. Barely holding onto his arms as you're still coming down from the high of your orgasm.

He hums so beautifully and deeply to acknowledge you, still rubbing the side of his cheek against yours as his chest rises and falls with his own heavier breaths.

He's been insistent on having so much more sex lately, to which you've been excited about - but it was different than how things had been since the kids were born.

This time, he was like older days — except rougher, maybe even more passionate and consistent. There were a few times he had almost taken things too roughly, however careful he may try to be.

You grab for his hand, and slowly pull apart before you turn around to face him chest to chest.

He leans forward before you can even speak, beads of sweat down the temples of his face as he leans in and presses the side of his arm onto a spot on the tree .. just above your head.

As you look up to meet his eyes, his own glare down on you — his eyelids a small bit closed as if he's getting too tired to force them open.

His loose hair falls forward over his shoulders as you cup around his jaw, and bring him forward a bit to meet his lips with yours for a moment.

His other hand gently on your waist.

"Jake, are you doing okay?" You finally gather the nerve to ask, nervously chewing at the edges of your lower lip.

It almost felt like when you had lost your mother, perhaps. And tried to use sex as some sort of a crutch the first few weeks.

Something was going on, even if it was just him fighting his own feelings about losing Niikeym and almost losing the other children weeks ago.

"I'm alright." He insists. "With everything going on, I'm as okay as I can be."
And he notices the worried look you give him.
"Why?"

He sees the way you look out into the distance for a second, gathering your thoughts.
"You've been wanting sex a lot lately, is all." You finally admit. "I was... afraid it had to do with stress?"

He leans in even further without breaking eye contact, and kisses your neck as a distraction.
"Is it a bad thing if I want to fuck my beautiful wife so much?"
   His breath hitting your neck and damn near causing a shiver down your spine.

"N-no." You helplessly answer. "I enjoy it."

Another kiss or two.
"By the way you scream my name I sure hoped you did."
And his other hand cups around your neck as he continues to kiss along your skin.

Despite it, he can feel the way you uncomfortably tense.
"What?" He asks, concerned.

"I'm just worried-" you place your hands on his chest. "-that's all. — We've been... together, but, not-" you grab for his longer braid and stroke gently at his hair with the tips of your fingers. "—together, together. We rarely have sex without... bonding."

He seems to hesitate for a moment, tilting his head down to look at the way you hold his breath. A stronger inhale sounding through his nose before he looks at you again.
"Is that what's bothering you?"