Garvin

"Find anything good yet?" Jake steps in, carrying a full bag across his back.

"No." Norm sighs, admittedly disappointed.
Even though Jake told him to rest, he couldn't resist shooting out of bed the moment his computer beeped with progression.
"-It's all personal assignments, logs, salary contracts, some blue prints, security measures. I'm not sure why Kleiner sorted these out this way, but I'll figure it out eventually.
I have a lot of files to go through. I'll give you a copy of what I've sorted if you want to take a look."

"Well, if you'd rather go over it and then bring what you have in the findings to us later - we could do that."

"Are you .. sure?" Norm questions. "-I thought you two were waiting in case I found something important?"

"That was before Ian." Jake insists. "I want to get there as soon as we can, to be absolutely sure we aren't making a huge mistake. We're already running behind to get there by nightfall."

"It's whatever you're comfortable with, Jake."

And Jake sighs deeply, and looks downward as he fists his hands and places his knuckles on the wooden desk.
"Besides, I'm.. hoping Ronal can offer an opinion on the whole Eywa thing. I don't know, it feels like a dead end."

"I can ask Mo'at. I'll tell her Eywa seems to be rejecting when asked about kiris lineage?"

"Don't bother. I'm worried about how she would take it." Jake admits. "- She's already been away from the kids for so long. You know how much she adores Kiri. I don't want her to worry about them or make herself sick."

"I'll hold off, then. But you really should find time to come with me and talk to her, Jake."

"I know, and I will. As soon as you and Max get these files combed through, we'll figure out the next steps."

It's not much of a surprise when Lo'ak is first up, and he honestly looks like he barely slept at all.

Tuk is behind him as they trail down the hallway, trying to mind his tail as he's not exactly watching how far he turns in these smaller spaces.

The rest of the kids will slowly come to, one by one.

For now, Jake has managed his way back in after packing everything else up and situating the Ikrans.

All that was needed were what few things the kids had on them, and their bodies themselves.

Jake climbs onto you, perhaps a bit too impatiently as he covers your face in delicate kisses.

Moments like these you truly lived for.

"Morning." You slowly croak out, and wrap your arms before yanking him in.

"Kids are eating, and then we're heading out."

"What? Is Norm done already?"

"No, he's going to meet with us in two days after he goes over the findings with Max and Neytiri. He understands the urgency of needing to handle things at home."

"Oh. Okay." You say as you're still barely awake enough to process everything. "— When are we leaving?"

"As soon as everyone finishes their food."

"Alright, well, let me up then. I can't get myself together if I've got you holding me down."

"Mmmm..." he half-hums and half-groans. "-fine."

————-

"We're following the same orders I gave before. No separating, no drifting off too far. We have a designated stop to let the ikrans rest. I expect to be home before it gets too dark - so buckle up for the next eight hours, kids."