5

CHAPTER FIVE
messy braid, messy life

CHAPTER FIVEmessy braid, messy life

"I look like a divorced middle aged man." I complain for the third time.

"I'm so sorry, lil sister. Next time, I'll make sure to grab the finest clothes I can while we're on the run." John B replies sarcastically.

We found a small clearing where we stopped to change some of our clothes. Sarah and I got some of Portis' sweatpants, and we had to roll them on our waists to make them fit. I also got a very hideous dressing shirt that makes me look like a toddler playing dress up. JJ found a blue shirt that fitted him between all the shit John B grabbed.

"Stop it, you two." Sarah groans.

"Pope, are you sure you got the right address?" JJ exhales, tired of walking for almost half an hour now.

"Oh, I know you aren't talking to me about having the right address."

"That's exactly what I'm asking."

"Look, the place says Vaux Hall. Vaux Hall, it's on the map." He points to a map underneath a bus stop.

"But we don't know if that's where we are!"

"It's in the general vicinity."

"Why don't we just ask someone?" Cleo suggests, seeing a tractor passing nearby.

She walks closer to the road and puts a hand up, "Pardon I," She says, and the man stops his tractor. "You know where we can find Vaux Hall?"

"You kidding me, right?" The old man answers, "Everything you can see all around you is all Vaux Hall."

"Oh, great. We found Figure Eight from Barbados." I groan.

"Wait, hold on..." JJ interrupts, "What do you mean? Like..."

"All this, all this..." The man gestures to the land around us.

"Oh, so everywhere."

"Okay, so who lives up there?" Pope points at a huge mansion that peaks on top of a hill.

"Carlos Singh." The man points ahead, "Just on the other side of that wall. But take it from me, he's no one you want to get to know."

That's the second warning we've received about Vaux Hall. For some reason, the words of this man make a shiver go down my spine and I feel like now I'm actually scared of what Kiara may be going through.

What did Jimmy get her into?

"Okay, thank you." Pope breaks the silence.

The six of us make our way to the wall in silence. I think we're all thinking the same, and are probably scared about what may be happening to Kie. This guy, Carlos Signh... I have a feeling that somehow he could be more dangerous than Ward ever was.