14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
bee is stung at her heart

Blondie said she would wait for me on the road in front of our house. She was going to her house to get some clothes and take a shower, and I asked if she could drop me at JJ's on her way.

I took a quick shower and put on a pair of short green-ish cargo shorts and a simple dark blue top. I put on my black boots and my favorite bandana wrapped on my wrist, in case I felt like using it later.

When I run out the house to meet Sarah, I see my father climbing out of the Twinkie, - Twinkie, oh God, I missed you so much, I'm gonna cry - and John B meeting him, clearly mad at something. I frown, running down the stairs to catch up.

"I'm trying to figure out why you didn't say when Sarah was here."

"Yeah, what was that about?" I join.

Our dad doesn't answer, he just looks at where Sarah is still waiting for me in the distance, and then back at us above his glasses.

"Seriously?" I scrunch up my face.

"Just you and me, kids."

"She's my sister." I reply angrily, pointing at Sarah.

"No, she's not." My father snorts, shaking his head. "She's not family. She's not our blood."

"She is my sister." I firmly say again. "It doesn't matter that we aren't related by blood. She's with John. She's been with us since the beginning. I've bled with her!" I yell through gritted teeth, remembering how both of us had been hurt by bullets in the same week.

Oh, and also that time I hit my head when Pope crashed Kiara's car. I bled a lot in Blondie's clothes. And that one time while on the island when I tripped and took her down with me, yeah, we got nasty cuts on our legs.

Frankly, it's kinda weird how much has happened to both of us. Uh. Call us bloody besties? Aright, I'll come up with something better.

My father seems to be firm on his decision. He doesn't say anything. I scoff, crossing my arms on my chest. "Seriously?" He just nods his head. "Alright, then."

I start walking towards Sarah, and my father frowns, "Where are you going? We have stuff to do!"

"I'm not in. Have fun without me, though!" I say, waving my hand.

I join Sarah, who smiles at me and compliments my outfit. We ride together on her bike, with me sitting on the rear rack we had installed before all went downhill.

It's been a while since we have been alone. Blondie and I crack jokes and laugh - mostly at the expense of my brother. But it is what he gets for being... Well, annoying.