16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
bee j takes the stage

I take a spoonful of cereal into my mouth, chewing while watching TV. Using my savings to pay our electric bill has apparently worked. Although I don't have any money left now.

I took a shower and let JJ braid my hair while I dried myself with my towel. I put on fresh clean clothes, almost crying and the sweet smell of cleanliness. Dark gray cargo pants, with lots of pockets to keep anything I may need today, and a brown top, with a sports bra underneath.

Given yesterday's talk... I'm guessing today's gonna be a day of lots of running. I'm not risking it again. Boobs hurt a lot when you're running from maniacs without the proper support.

JJ and I are waiting for the Pogues to come to the Chateau, and meanwhile, we're witnessing how our faces hit the local news channels.

Apparently, the fact that seven teenagers survived being stranded on a deserted island for a month is quite an accomplishment. If only they knew what else we've survived...

Maybe I should write a book - I could call it Brizo's Memoirs: Tale of a Badass Survivor or even better, Brizo's Memoir: A Guide on why you should never join your brother's stupid plans.

My picture appears next to John B's next on the screen. They're talking about our father coming back. I can't help but snort, seeing how still, neither of them is here right now.

They zoom in on my brother and I's pictures, making me scowl.

"That's literally my worst picture. Why would they use that?" I complain, gesturing at the picture they used in the yearbook the previous year.

"You look fine." JJ shrugs, staring at the TV.

"Liar." I finish my cereal, and place the bowl in the sink. JB can clean this whenever he feels like coming back home.

"I'm not lying." He whips his head at me. "You always look beautiful. Like, right now." He gestures up and down my body, making me blush.

"Alright, stop it." I say, trying to not giggle like an eleven year old schoolgirl.

"I'm serious," he says, getting up from the couch and joining me in the kitchen.

I cross my arms on my chest, leaning back on the counter. JJ holds his weight with his hands, pressed against the counter on both of my sides, keeping me trapped. He dips his head down, nudging my nose with his, making the corners of my mouth turn upward.

"What can I do to make you feel as beautiful as you look to me?" JJ whispers against my lips.

"Is this your way of making it up to me?" I clap back, tilting my head up even more, lips brushing against his.