31

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

we're back, baby

It is dark outside when I kick the door's open. John B jumps down the stairs, and turns around, spreading his arms in the air, looking at me. I bow down slightly before jumping down the entire set of stairs. John B catches me midair, just like we had practiced all those years ago when we watched that FRIENDS episode where Ross and Monica do their siblings dance.

"Ladies and gentlemen," I say, putting both of my hands around my mouth.

"We're free!" John B finishes my sentence spinning us around.

While he spins, I catch a glimpse of a face we both know too well, smiling to herself hiding in the shadow a couple of feet away. I repeatedly pat John B's head to make him stop.

"Yo, dude, dude." I keep patting his head until he stops. He looks up at me with knitted eyebrows. I tilt my chin with a smirk, "Look."

As soon as JB locks eyes with Sarah, I'm dropped to the floor. But hey, no hard feelings. I get it. It's Blondie. They need to talk. I respectfully stay back, waiting patiently until they finish speaking.

They don't talk much. Not even two minutes later Blondie is making her way towards me with a beaming smile. She says hi, and links her arm with mine leaving John B behind with a dumbfounded look in his face.

Sarah tells me she is the one that got us out. Well, she actually just bought us a day. But she did it, anyway. She apologized, said she didn't know Topper was also going to retaliate against me. I told her she didn't have to apologize, we were still friends - I think.

John B doesn't complain as we walk back to the Chateau. In fact, I actually catch him smiling to himself listening to Sarah a couple of times. So I think it's safe for me to stay friends with Blondie.

The lights of the Chateau were on. Especially in our backyard. John B and I share matching beaming smiles walking inside our home. Sarah gives us a smile before running to our back door, and running to the backyard.

"Look who decided to come home..." We hear her say, and we understand that is our cue.

John B and I walk outside, waving while everybody welcomes us back home. Kie is here, Pope, Cleo, and of course JJ.

I squeal as I run down the stairs, jumping into his arms. He catches me, as he always does, and spins us around while I wrap my legs around his waist and I dip my head down to meet his lips with mine. We only pull apart when our friends start cheering and clapping.

We laugh together, and JJ tilts his chin towards JB, "Good to see you too, man." He jokes.

"You gonna give me a little kissy kiss too?" John B jokes, puckering his lips.