19

*a/n: this is the longest chapter i've ever written... enjoy <3

CHAPTER NINETEEN
where's our epic background music

JJ takes us to a stretch way ahead of the train. We quickly hop off the bike. I slide the backpack off my shoulders and toss it to JJ, who catches it in the air. We run to the train rails, knowing that we're in a hurry.

JJ must be really nervous. He trips on his own feet and falls face first to the ground. I don't even have time to laugh before he's back on his feet again.

"Are you okay?" I roll my lips, trying not to laugh.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright." I snort.

He stops by the traffic signal, and I jump on the train rails, waiting for him to connect the cables.

"Let's fry this sucker," He says, connecting one end to the traffic signal. "Okay, now all you have to do," He jumps to the train rails next to me, holding both cables, "Is change the current. Let's go."

"Alright, please don't get electrocuted." I beg, watching him handle the cables carelessly.

"Yeah, no promises with that."

"Great, thanks, baby. That's awesome."

JJ connects the cables, and looks up at the traffic lights, "Moment of truth."

Nothing happens. Nothing. Just green lights. Green fucking lights.

"JJ... Nothing's happening."

"Okay." He takes off his hat, and runs his hands through his hair, "That's what he would do, that's literally wha- So then it'd change red. Oh my God."

While he panics and paces anxiously, I look down at the jumper cables. Something from class keeps coming to the back of my mind, but I can't quite remember what it is.

Pope said this should close the circuit. If it closes, then it has to be like a door. A door has hinges on one side, but it does touch both sides of the doorframe. So, maybe...

"Okay, what if I blockaded the track?"

"I think... I think it's supposed to touch the two sides..." I think out loud while JJ panics.

"That's what I could do. Maybe put a tree?"

I unhook one of the ends of the cable, praying that it doesn't electrocute me. I squint my eyes in advance, preparing to connect it to the other side of the rails. The sound makes JJ whip his head at me, finally noticing what I am doing.

We both look up at the green lights, and after what feels like an eternity, they turn freaking red.

Amazing color. Wonderful, love it so much. Red owns my heart. Mwuah! Not only is it a great album by one of the most amazing singers alive, it is also the color that's gonna save our friends' asses.