7

CHAPTER SEVEN
would you put 'cheating death almost daily' under experience or special skills?

CHAPTER SEVENwould you put 'cheating death almost daily' under experience or special skills?

"That's the worst picture someone's ever taken of me."

"It's not for Vague magazine, Bee."

"Vague?" I snort. "JJ, you mean... Vogue?"

"Whatever." JJ rolls his eyes. "You look hot as ever."

"You're so sweet." I wrap my arm around his neck, pulling him towards me. I grab his face with my free hand and plant big loud smooches on his cheek.

"All right, all right," JJ laughs. His eyes widen and he pats my thigh repeatedly, "Yo, he's texting! He's texting!"

The rest of the group comes closer to the couch JJ and I have been sitting on.

"What's he saying?"

"It's doing the little bubble thing."

Sarah comes from behind and stands behind JJ, looking down at the phone's screen. A message from Kingfish then comes through, and I wait impatiently for JJ to read it out loud.

"Send me your location. I'll meet you." He reads.

"Uh-uh." I click my tongue. "No way."

"He wants our location?" Pope questions.

"Yeah, that's exactly what we wanted! Here, check it," He tosses the phone to John B, "Boom!"

"No, no. We have to send him somewhere else. We're at a disadvantage here." I shake my head, biting my lower lip.

"We can't give Singh our location. Just give him some random place." Cleo agrees with me, playing with her knife between her fingers.

"All right. Where do we want to send him to?"

"What about the horse tracks?" Pope suggests. "I saw them yesterday. It's wide open."

"That's good." I point at Pope. "We can see 'em coming."

"Exactly!"

"Yeah! Now we're working!" He paces back and forth, "Now we're jelling! I like it!" He keeps on rambling, "And if we have to make a getaway, we'll hop on some horses. Guns-a-blazing!"

"I don't know how to ride a horse?" I frown, scrunching up my nose.

"Doesn't matter. We're not horse-backing with guns." John B shakes his head.

"Scratch the horses."

"John B, we can really plan this out, man." Pope searches for my brother's approval.