17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
someone's gotta seduce topper into this

I hadn't realized how much we rely on John B until it was my turn to take the position. Everything somehow revolves now around me, and funnily enough, around Sarah too.

I've been catching pieces from each of my friends about what happened on the boat. Apparently, they had a major argument. JJ didn't want to leave JB and I behind, Pope had agreed with him, saying that no pogues left behind. Sarah had taken the ultimate decision to evacuate the place.

From what I can see, that had made her earn a newfound respect from the group. So, good for her! I would've done the exact same thing.

We have hijacked one of the tables of the ferry, as well as six chairs, although JJ isn't using his as much as he should. We're gathered around like the soldiers around the round table, Sarah and I sitting opposite to each other. I have JJ on my left, and Cleo on my right.

I've been holding my laugh for the past five minutes, since I realized the way we're sitting. Cleo, JJ and I, who are practically horsemen of the apocalypse on one side of the table, and then, opposite to us, Sarah, Pope and Kie, who are mostly known for being the voice of reason.

"Bee J, are you listening?" Pope says, making me blink four times and sit straight.

"Yeah, yeah. Of course." I clear my throat, lying completely. I wasn't listening to anything.

"Honestly, the hardest part is gonna be security, all right?" JJ keeps on explaining. Every once in a while, his hand will find the ends of my braid, and play with it, while he keeps on talking. "So most of the guys are gonna be at the rail yard."

"We'll need to find some place and guard it, maybe a little further down the line, like a whistle-stop." Pope agrees.

"You guys are getting ahead of yourselves per usual." Cleo cuts in, speaking facts as always. "We don't have a way to transport the cross. What you think? On JJ's motorcycle?"

"Yeah, that's gonna be a problem." I purse my lips, "Options, guys, we need options. Maybe we can steal a car-"

"We're not stealing a car." Pope immediately flashes his eyes at me shaking his head.

"Why not?" I ask, making my voice a little higher and shrugging, "It's not like we have any more options."

"Cause that's ilegal-"

"Pope, no matter what we do it's probably not legal. So I suggest," I wiggle my eyebrows, "Go big or go home."

"She has a point." JJ agrees with me, plastering a smirk on his face.