Chapter IX

« « « « «

« « « « «

Axel and Cersi stand in front of Joffery's body with two painted stones placed over his eyes. The room was completely silent until they hear Tywin "Your brother is dead, Do you know what that means?"

Axel looks over to his grandfather obviously keeping up the charade "It means I will be king"

"Yes, you will become king, What kind of king do you think you'll be?"

Cersi cuts in with slightly narrowed eyes "This is hardly the place or the time"

They both ignore her and Axel thinks about Tywins question it wasn't an easy question not a lot of Kings were described with just one word "I will be a fair king a merciful one but cruel when needed, a king who will care for his subjects and keep the peace in the realm but wisdom will be the most important"

Tywin give one of his rare smiles to his grandson "Yes, But what is wisdom? Hmm?A house with great wealth and fertile lands asks you for your protection against another house with a strong navy that could one day oppose you, How do you know which choice is wise and which isn't?"

Axel knew the answer to that and he also knew it was a hypothetical question "I would choose the wealth and fertile house in exchange for their loyalty to the crown but I would ask advice from the people I have chosen on my small council I know many things but I would rather ask someone who was an expert in the matter for advice"

Tywin's smile stays and Axel hope that he would not think he would bow down to every request from him. He hope that he didn't think that he would be ruling in his place "Yes a wise young king listens to his counsellors and heeds their advice until he comes of age and the wisest kings continue to listen to them long afterwards, Your brother was not a wise king, Your brother was not a good king, If he had been, perhaps he'd still be alive Now, as the king, you will have to marry Do you understand why?"

Axel nods he already made a deal and he already knows who he would marry "Yes a king needs a queen to further his houses name to strengthen his succession line"

"Yes and I believe you will be a just king a wise king and one of the greatest kings to ever live"

Axel smiles slightly before looking back to his brother and his lifeless body "Your coronation will take place in two days it's when everything will be prepared it needs to be done as quickly as possible"

Axel nods and looks to his mother she was only staring at Joffery's body with sadness in her eyes. He turns to Tywin before leaving the room he had to tell Adrian and he needed to speak with Olenna.