Chapter XVIII

« « « « «

« « « « «

Axel runs his hand over Margaerys stomach with a smile she was 2 moons pregnant and there was a slight bump. Axel had made sure everything was well for the woman having food and drinks brought to her.

He would carry her when needed or if she got too tired he made sure she was completely comfortable. Margaery giggles lightly as he finishes his ridiculous story about a knight and princess "And the knight defeated the giant and won over the princess and they married and had children and lived happily ever after"

Axel places a kiss on her stomach and sits up to face Margaery "That story was ridiculous"

Axel gasps dramatically at her words and holds a hand over his chest "What is ridiculous about a handsome knight fighting monsters to be with the not-so-pretty princess"

Margaery leans up and hovers her lips over his and Axel was completely entranced "All of it"

Margaery leans back with a teasing smile which makes Axel smile and get up "I told you not to use your seductive powers on me"

"I can help it you are very easy"

Axel's head snaps to Margaery and winks at her making her smile "Well only to you"

Margaery laughs as Axel walks away to get changed into something for his trip he decides on his house colours. He walks back out to see Margaery still laid down "This is going to be a long trip I do not know if I'll be back for the birth, I've told Tywin you will lead the council meetings while I'm gone and if you do not want to speak with Tywin, if you feel unwell speak with Adrian"

Margaery listens to every word the king says and he sits back down beside her "I wish you could be here"

Axel takes her hand he wishes he could be here too but he wasn't exactly expecting to have a babe yet "I'm sorry but if I ask to do it another time the man Oberyn has got me a meeting with will have even more reason not to trust me"

Margaery nods and looks down to their hand "And what of Randyll Tarly?"

Axel had honestly forgotten about that he thought Tywin would deal with it "You may deal with it if you like if not Tywin will, he has more reason to listen to you"

Margaery nods so Axel gets back up and holds put his arm and she takes it "I will see you off"

Axel smiles and they walk out of the room to go to the carriage that was waiting for him. They stop once they reach it and Adrian walks over "Your grace I would be more at ease if I was to come with you"