Chapter XIII

« « « « «

« « « « «

Axel groans slightly when another stitch to placed in his face the end of The Mountains sword had caught Axel face "Can the eye be saved?"

The maester that Axel had to replace Pycelle turns to his mother "Yes the cut is clean and thankfully the eye has been untouched it will heal nicely but will still leave a scar"

Cersei let's out a sigh of relief as the maseter finishes the stitches the cut runs from his cheek to his brow. The measter places down three vials and some bandages "Drink this twice a day and this once a day it will help with any pain and make the healing go faster and apply this it will keep away infection"

Axel nods and thanks the man and he leaves him with his grandfather who has yet to speak and his mother "You let Tyrion go free"

Axel knew this would happen but he wouldn't take it back and he stands up and faces her "You expect me to break the law and still condemn him to death even after the fight was won on his side"

"You should not have been fighting for him, you nearly died because of him"

Axel was annoyed by her words he was supposed to be her family his farmland yet she treated him like nothing. Once he was the genuine fear behind her eyes his gaze softens "I am fine mother, I may have a cut but I will heal"

Cersei's eyes look glossy as she brings her hand to his face "He has damaged you, he will find a way to take you from me"

Axel was slightly uncomfortable with the bizarre words Tyrion has never posed a threat to him and it wasn't him who cut him "I am fine, I promise"

Cersei leans forward and takes him into a hug and he was surprised it was the first time in months she had been this gentle with him. He wraps his arms around her leaning into her touch but they are interrupted "Enough"

Cersei leans back and looks at her father with a glare but before she can say anything Axel speaks up "What is it that you want to say?"

"You let Lord Oberyn have the Mountain, why?"

Axel looks to grandfather he looked angry but he knew it wasn't because of the Mountain but because of Tyrion "A sign of good faith that in a couple of months we will have an alliance with Dorne maybe even sooner"

Tywin steps away from the door and stops in front of the king but he doesn't back down "You made a deal with him"

It was a question and statement at the same time "Yes I defeat the Mountain and give them to him so he can face his crimes and get a confession"