Chapter XXV

« « « « «

« « « « «

The council and Daenerys were sitting in the council room discussing how religion would continue in King's Landing. The wedding of Axel and Daenerys was tomorrow and would be under the faith.

Axel decided that Daenerys should be in all the council meetings just like Margaery but today it was only Daenerys.

Margaery was with the children...well that's what Daenerys knew but Axel knew she was preparing something for Daenerys "So you would let the faith come into power again? What's next they will take your new queen?"

Currently, Daenerys and Randyll were arguing but Randyll was directing his argument towards Axel. The king was ignoring him of course and listening to Daenerys' argument "You can't suppress the people's views and religion"

Randyll scoffs and looks away, Axel doesn't want to intervene he knows Daenerys could handle herself "The last time they were allowed to grow in power they took the Queen and nearly had her whipped and heckled through the streets, do you wish for that to happen to you?"

Axel could see both views but the only reason they grew to power was because Cersei gave them an army "The only reason they came to power was because of my sister, I say we reinstate Maegor's rule of the faith not allowed to carry weapons"

Axel turns to Daenerys with a look of the question, this was her argument and this was her first action as Queen "Is that fine with you?"

Daenerys looks at him in thought as he waits for an answer "I agree to the rule but I would also like to allow the city to follow any religion they like and the sept to be destroyed and made into a place where people of any religion can visit"

Axel thought that was a more than fair rule to put in place "Does anyone disagree?..." Axel looks around and nobody says anything "Okay Lord Randyll have it put in place, it will be named Daenerys' rule"

He nods and Axel stands, there wasn't anything else to discuss and Daenerys did a good job.

Axel assumed it was from her time in the East and Dragonstone and now the council meeting was done, they had more pressing matters.

« « « « «

Axel stands at the end of the aisle with the high Septon he had chosen, while Daenerys and Margaery choose other priests for different religions.

Margaery was standing next to him while his children stand next to Olenna and Adrian. Moments later the music starts and Daenerys stands at the doors as she just stepped in with Jorah.