Chapter XXVII

« « « « «

« « « « «

Axel walks into his room and sees his mother sitting on the edge of the bed the only time she had ever visited was if he was sick.

He also wasn't sure how she even got in here but allowed it because he knew he would have to speak with her soon. The dragon eggs that were found were given to his and Margaery's children.

He couldn't have something so dangerous and valuable just lying around so he left them with his children and the guards who protected them.

Axel slips into the room heads straight for the wine and pours two glasses and hands one to his mother. After a moment of silence, he speaks "How is Tommen?"

Cersei scoffs and Axel already knows that this will be difficult "He's fine but that isn't what you want to ask, is it Axel?"

He couldn't help but roll his eyes at her words especially since she was sitting in his room "Well I have nothing to ask you, it is you who has snuck into my room with an agenda, what is it? 'Why haven't I seen my grandchildren? Why did you marry the dragon whore? Why am I not allowed in the city anymore?'"

"As much as you try to ignore it am I your mother...I will admit I have made mistakes one I'm trying to fix but I can be truly happy until I have made peace with you"

Axel could see she was being sincere but she could not be trusted especially not around his children and wife "I want you to return to Casterly Rock, have the child and have Tommen rule after Jamie but I do not want you here"

Cersei gives him a sad look before letting out a small humoured laugh that had little amusement behind it "I really have made a mess of things, haven't I?"

He sits down beside his mother and as much as he wants to believe her he just can't "Yes you have, I'm leaving to go north, Margaery will rule in my place and I can not trust you around her...or my children"

"Well let me start mending things by sending our army North"

Axel nods gently, even if Jamie was lord of Casterly Rock his mother was the one who made the rules so he was happy "Thank you, Mother"

Axel remembered a time when he loved his mother more than anything but she turned into a bitter woman "I'm sorry Axel, I've only ever wanted to protect you"

Being in the royal family did come with threats and dangers but Axel was never in danger. Even now he could see she was frightened he didn't know from what but it was obvious.

At this moment Axel was scared too and he didn't know what the outcome would be in this war. If he was to fail then his whole family would suffer.