Chapter XXIX

« « « « «

« « « « «

Axel was in slight shock but the time Daenerys and he had been spending together he was shocked it hadn't happened sooner. He then came to a speculation "How long?"

Daenerys shifts on her feet and Axel knew instantly that she had been hiding it from him for a while.

Then he remembers the day that he walked in on her and Missandei acting weird and then all the other times while on the way North "I've known for a while now...even before I was pregnant"

Now Axel was very confused "What does that mean?"

"I've had dreams, Axel you placing your crown on a woman with dark stormy eyes and a man beside her, white of hair and purple eyes, a dragon I've never seen before above"

He had read about the Targaryens and their dragon dreams, a dream that supposedly had saved house Targaryen but he didn't know what to do with this information "Why didn't you tell me?"

He steps forward and takes her hand, he doesn't want to be fighting with her, especially with this threat on the way "I thought you might be against me fighting in this war...Jon also knows he overheard a conversation"

Axel had assumed that she wouldn't for the safety of their child but he guessed she still was fighting that also explained the looks Jon and she were giving each other "Yes I don't want you fighting in this war but I can not tell you what to do, I've always said that you are my equal and that will never change"

Daenerys thinks over the words before nodding and coming to her own conclusion "And I will always respect you for that but I am fighting, you can't afford to lose three dragons"

Axel cared for her more but he knew that wasn't the only reason she was still fighting, she didn't want to be seen as weak "Okay...but please be careful don't take any unnecessary risks and if you feel-"

"Axel I promise I will be fine, I'll be on Drogon the whole time"

Axel wasn't any less scared for his wife and child but he leaned forward and kissed her gently sealing the promise she made.

« « « « «

Scouts had spotted the dead walking a few miles away but because they had been prepared everyone was ready for them. The army that was supposed to go to Moat Caitlin had left the day before and was probably almost there.

A moat had been made on the battlefield from where the dead were approaching, it felt a few feet deep and at the bottom had wooden spikes. The wooden spikes wouldn't do much, everyone knew that but it would slow the dead down a whole lot more, especially with the fire.