Chapter XXIII

« « « « «

« « « « «

Axel and Tyrion sit together while Daenerys and Margaery sit next to each beside them are Argella and Rogar. They were all watching knights from around the world fight for coin and glory "Where is the coins coming from for this?"

Unfortunately, it was from Axel's pocket but it was good for knights to have a chance at glory once in a while "My coin"

Tyrion smiles at his short answer knowing it's not what he wants "You must keep the people happy and bloodshed normally does it"

Axel would rather it a different way as well as Margaery but this was the way to keep everyone happy. The first two knights come forward "10 gold dragons on the knight from House Dondarrion"

Axel rolls his eyes and he examines the two knights and the one from House Dondarrion was definitely bigger. The one from the House Dayne was smaller and Axel knew he was going to win "Sure"

"What did I say about betting our coin?"

Axel looks at Margaery with a smile "It's not a bet it is getting a free coin"

Margaery's eyes narrow playfully as she looks back out to the knights "Why do you host these events? it's only injuring and killing men"

"It keeps them happy and it gives knights a chance to earn glory in front of their king and queen"

Daenerys nods but Axel knows she still doesn't like it but he turns back to the knights. The two knights charge at each other and in the first round they miss each other.

The smaller knight charges first this time and he successfully knocks the larger man off his horse. Axel holds out a hand and Tyrion places the coin in his hand "The larger men aren't always better"

Tyrion shakes his head amused while drinking more wine and the rounds continue. It ends with a mystery knight from house Trant and the same knight from house Dayne "10 gold dragons on the Dayne knight"

Axel rolls his eyes at his uncle's words "You're going to lose all your coin uncle"

Tyrion shrugs "I've already bet on the winning man I think it's you who will lose"

"I've got luck on my side"

Tyrion laughs at Axel and they turn back to the match and they watch the men and the mystery knight knocks his opponent first round "I told you uncle I have luck on my side"

Tyrion shakes his head as he places another 10 gold dragons in his nephew's hand and the king gets up. The two knights walk over and the man from House Dayne takes off his helmet "Thank you for letting me participate your grace"