Chapter XVI

« « « « «

« « « « «

Days had pasted and this time next week they would leave for Highgarden for Sansa's and Loras's wedding. Axel and Margaery had been taking snipes at each other during the days that had passed.

When he saw her she ended 'accidentally' spilling a jug of water over him which he obviously knew it wasn't an accident. They continued this game for days making passive-aggressive comments at each other whenever they had a chance.

The two of them were stubborn and were waiting for the other to give in especially since they both didn't mind the game they were playing. At first, the arguing was malicious and now it was more playful definitely still a bit malicious but definitely less.

Now was one of those times as Axel sits at the head of the council table "We will leave next week this day"

Margaery leans forward addressing but not looking at her husband "I believe it would be better to leave this week Highgarden is still preparing but my family and I would like to greet the Starks instead of meeting them there"

Axel grits his teeth slightly as he looks around the table at his council they have decided not to get in the middle of the couple "We are needed here so we will leave at the latest time we can"

Axel was hoping for some input from his advisers but obviously receives none "At the moment we are needed in Highgarden"

Axel was fuming in his seat and it only increases when he hears "I agree with the queen the stars should be greeted by their daughter's betrothed's family"

Axel looks to Lord Varys and nods and before he can say anything Tywin speaks "I agree with the king the king and Queen need to be in the capital for as long as possible"

Axel sighs he now hope he didn't have any input from them he could only think of one way to deal with this. It would also annoy Margaery in the process "Send Olenna Loras and Sansa to Highgarden as soon as they can leave, the queen and I will leave this next week during our absence Lord Tywin will be in charge"

Tywin nods to the king and then Axel sneaks a glance at Margaery she glaring at him which makes him smile "Everyone is dismissed"

Margaery is the first out and Axel looks to Tywin before he stands up "We need more people on the council We still need to fill the position of Laws and Coin I've taken over for Coin but Laws need to be filled as soon as possible and I want it to be Randyll Tarly"

Tywin nods Axel understood the coin position but someone who was more advanced in it could do a better job "I'll have a raven sent as soon as the wedding is finished"