10

Minju walks through the hallway, towards the teacher's office. She had to drop off some overdue assignment notebooks for the class. (Most of them are hers)

"Need help?"

She looks to her right to see Minhyun which made her panic instantly. "Uh—"

He takes those books from her arms, carrying them for her. The gears in Minju's brain went a little too fast, affecting her train of empty thoughts.

"Why do you look flustered?" Minhyun chuckles lightly.

"I'm not." She lies, obviously.

They entered the teacher's office, placing the notebooks on the correct shelves. Minju was constantly wondering if her glasses were foggy or if it was really Minhyun who helped her.

"Can I talk to you?" Minhyun suddenly requests. Minju came back to her senses, nodding. "Sure."

She follows him out.

...

After settling on the study tables in the concourse, Minhyun opens the can of coffee he bought earlier, sliding it to Minju. "I saw you getting this the other day," he said.

Minju folds. He noticed her. She was too nervous to be nervous. She took a small sip, still wondering why Minhyun wanted to talk to her.

"You're friends with Yujin?"

Minju nearly choked, caught off guard. Why is he bringing her up? "I guess?" He nods, looking a little bothered. "Why?" Minju started to have thoughts that he was thinking of her.

She's not jealous but confused.

"How close are you to her?" He asks. "Or do you li—"

"Oh, no. We're just friends. I don't know if we're considered close." She and Yujin do have a deal with each other. "But she does tell me things."

"You know about me and her then." He assumes, seeing Minju's eyes widen.

"How do you know?"

"I'm just guessing." He nods, folding his arms on the table. "I wanted to know if she's okay."

Minju's eyebrows rose slightly. "Why?" Does he care about her? Or maybe there's something else to this whole conversation?

"Did she tell you what happened?" Minju pauses, thinking. "Between us."

"Not really." The brunette tilts her head. Part of her wanted to hear from him. "Just a little bit?" She pinches her fingers together.

Minhyun sighs softly. "I must sound like a jerk." Minju didn't know what he meant.

"Why?"

Flashback 2 years ago...

Yujin enters a café with a heavy heart. She has been wanting to be true, to tell the truth. She can't keep lying to people.

She searches the interior of the café, seeing a guy wave at her. A sigh left her lips, hand gripping the strap of her little bag.

"What's with that look?"

She sits down, putting her bag aside. Minhyun furrows his eyebrows, feeling the chills from her. "Are you okay?" He gave a brief chuckle in an attempt to brighten up the mood.

Yujin nods as he gently pushes the drink he ordered earlier towards her. "Chaewon's not coming today?" Minhyun wonders, always seeing the other girl around.

"She's not."

"Good," he said. "She's always around. I don't even get to spend time with you alone anymore." Minhyun smiles, gazing at Yujin.