33

Completing the most crucial exam in life was something every senior in high school looked forward to. When that phase ends, that is what freedom feels like. Running out of school and knowing the last thing you'll be in school for was graduation day.

That was what freedom was for seniors.

But not at all was Minju happy. Not when she found out Yujin was no longer in school, not when she finds out the latter was flying to Switzerland after she was done with the exams here.

For the past six months, no one knew where the girl went. The reason for her withdrawal from school was unknown to everyone except Wonyoung. All they know was Yujin being homeschooled until the exams.

Though rumours still exist.

The last time Minju saw her was on the day of the exams itself. But she only saw her leaving the school gates, acting as if those memories were nothing at all. She left without turning back.

Everyone was busy admitting themselves to universities and going to open houses. It was supposed to be the most eventful thing in their lives but the brunette was lost.

She got dragged everywhere by Minhyun who had no clue what happened either. He didn't ask, she didn't tell.

They went on as if nothing happened.

The five of them are currently at Yonsei University, the university closest to their high school. Wonyoung only followed because Minju was present. She was afraid the latter might be too overwhelmed by things.

As for Minhyun, he was exploring the clubs with Yuri and Yena although Yuri had no interest in enrolling there.

Wonyoung walks beside Minju who has been nothing but quiet ever since that day. She knew the girl was trying her best to not think about it. As of now, Wonyoung was the only person who understood her.

She has seen the girl cry for nights without anyone else knowing. She has witnessed Minju trying her best to find the girl. Apparently, Yujin shifted out of her Centreville apartment and never told anyone.

Basically, Yujin was gone.

Of course, Wonyoung had to tell her about the conversation she had with Yujin on the rooftop that very day. But Minju couldn't do anything about it.

The taller girl takes her wrist and pulls her out of the building for some fresh air. They found themselves sitting at the bench near a little pond filled with koi fishes.

Minju wonders why the pond wasn't frozen with how cold it has become. Wonyoung comes back with two cups of hot chocolate in her hands, passing one to the girl. They were giving them out free at a booth tended by students.

Wonyoung leans back comfortably, slipping a heat pack into the girl's pocket without her knowing. She was too dazed to be aware of her surroundings anyway.

"You're really not going to tell him?"

"What for?" Minju sighs deeply. "It's not like things will change." She takes a small sip of hot chocolate.

Nothing will change. She couldn't stop Yujin from leaving. The only way was to move on no matter how aggravating it felt.

Wonyoung tilts her head. "Do you know you suck at making decisions?"

Minju has a choice to end things with Minhyun to stay true to herself but chose the other option of leaving him in the dark. Her thinking goes, "Whether he knows about her feelings for Yujin or not, nothing will change. Yujin's leaving the country anyway."

"You're the one talking." Minju retorts, noticing the gentle smile she had on her face.

Wonyoung settles the cup beside her. "You should really tell her if you're not going to tell him."