16

While they were having dinner, Wonyoung glanced at Yujin who was opposite her, next to Minju. She was making sure the brunette's sprain was fine but seemed like she was scolding her for being clumsy.

Wonyoung didn't know why their interaction mattered as if Yujin would choose someone other than her.

She didn't understand her own feelings. Yujin has always been getting into trouble until recently. She didn't like someone who hurts others at their own will.

But Yujin changed. All because of her.

When she stands up, Minhyun asks, "Where are you going?"

"For a walk." She has finished her food.

"You can't go alone–Yujin, are you done?" He sees the girl who had an empty plate. "Follow her."

Yujin looks at Wonyoung, then at Minju. "Okay." She stands up. "Where to?"

"Just follow her. It's dangerous."

It was supposed to be Wonyoung's alone time for her to think. Well, she can be alone with someone too.

"Let's go." Yujin finished putting on her windbreaker.

They walked wherever the small route led them to. Yujin turns on her phone's flash, lighting up Wonyoung's path.

When they were a distance away from the campsite, Yujin asks, "Why do you suddenly want to go for a walk?" She feels as if something's wrong.

"To digest my food. The weather's nice." Wonyoung clasps her hands together, feeling the soft breeze. "And I need to think."

"Of what?"

"Just stuff."

Yujin slowly nods, glancing into the darkness. She's afraid, but she had to be the tough one here. "What stuff?" She wanted to know.

Wonyoung takes in a deep breath. "How I'm going to open my heart to you."

Yujin stops walking for a bit and looks at her. "Hm?"

"You're not too bad, I realised," she said. "When you decide to change for the better." Wonyoung continues walking as the girl follows.

"You're not too bad." She repeats softly.

Yujin held back a smile, taking it as a compliment. "Does that mean you like me?"

"Not really." Wonyoung's reply made her pout.

Yujin points the flash away, making everything dark. "I'm not going to shine for you."

"Okay, okay." Wonyoung pulls her before she goes any further. "It's not that I don't like you. I just need time." She clarifies.

Even though Yujin didn't know what the time was for, she tried to understand.

"We're not that close." Wonyoung compares what they have to what she sees.

Yujin was just staring at the hand that was holding onto her wrist. "So," she said, looking at the girl. "We should hang out more," Yujin concludes.

Wonyoung gave a somewhat nod.

"I'm cool with that." Yujin smiles. "I want to know everything about you." She takes Wonyoung's hand, holding onto it.

Friends hold each other's hands. There's nothing wrong. But this gesture was heart-fluttering.

"I only know a few things about you," Yujin admits.

"Like what?"

The girl drags a hum. "You like pink...animals too. Puppies. You hate mint chocolate."