29

Minju closes the door after leashing up JJ. Her brother usually walks the dog but Minju wanted some fresh air today.

"You gotta stop wagging your tail in my face." She finishes putting on her shoe, letting the dog pull her towards the gate.

When she steps out, she notices Yujin in the middle of the road, looking at her phone. The latter turns when she heard gates closing.

Minju's breath got stuck in her throat, not expecting to see her here. "Why are you here?"

"Can I not be here?" Yujin looks at her phone again but sees nothing. She sighs, seeing JJ nudging her leg. "Walk?"

Minju hums. She looks at Wonyoung's house, not forgetting that very night. "Why aren't you going in?" She gestures to the house with her chin.

Yujin looks at her, halting her head pats. "She's not answering my phone. I don't know what's going on." She pushes her hair back.

Minju remembers the lights in Wonyoung's room going off a few minutes ago. "She's probably sleeping."

"So early?"

"How would I know? I'm not the one dating her, you are." Minju scoffs. She started walking when there wasn't anything else to talk about.

Yujin follows behind her and eventually stuck to her side.

"You should just call her again. Her lights went off not long ago. Why are you following me?" Minju grips the leash so JJ wouldn't run ahead. The puppy grew much stronger ever since the last time she took her on a walk.

Yujin puts her hands into her pockets. "I think she needs some time alone. She has been doing too many things lately. I don't want to keep bothering her." She puffs a sigh as if that's the exact reason.

"This is tough." Yujin tilts her head to the sky.

Minju glances at her. "What is?" The latter seemed a lot more stressed. She hasn't been talking to Yujin as often.

"Dating," she said.

The brunette scoffs softly. "You're regretting now?"

"Not that." Yujin relaxes her shoulders. "It's so difficult to just talk to her. I'm not saying she's difficult. It's just, I feel like I'm pressuring her to tell me things I want to know. If I say something wrong, I won't know what's wrong unless she tells me. But to find out, I have to dig deeper into her. I don't like doing that. It's uncomfortable for us both."

They walked through the park entrance, following where the dog led them.

"Why? Is she keeping something from you?"

Yujin didn't want to nod but went with it. "She didn't keep it from me. She told me. She said she made some mistake but never told me what it was. I don't feel like asking her about it."

Minju swallows thickly, reaching into the handle of the leash for a plastic bag. Bending down, she picks up whatever JJ left on the grass, tying the ends of the plastic.

"Are you seriously picking up shit while you're talking to me?"

"I'm here to walk the dog. You're not my priority." Minju's words stung but she was right.

She sees how Yujin was fighting with her own thoughts, kicking the grass. "So what? Did you ask her what is it?"

Yujin shakes her head. "Not yet. Why do I feel like it's something bad? I told her it was nothing bad but why does it feel this way? Why do I feel as if she's slowly ignoring me? What did I do wrong?" She follows Minju to the bench and sat down.

The One I Wantजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें