12

"Oh?"

"Who's that?"

"Was there always a girl this pretty in our school?"

"I think she can compete with Wonyoung."

Yuri could hear all kinds of comments from the hallways. She's in class, waiting for the lessons to start. Minju being Minju, she's late.

They still have a few minutes.

"What pretty girl..." Yuri mumbles. As she was busy arranging her table, she looks up to see a girl coming to the seat behind her.

Long, brown hair, big eyes, uniform neatly tucked in. What made her turn the whole chair around was seeing the nametag with the name Kim Minju written on it.

She stares at her best friend, confused about what changed overnight. A massive makeover that made her not look like some nerd who's always late for class.

"Pretty," she utters in astonishment, gasping a little. Minju takes out her workbook halfway. "Are you really the Minju I know?"

The brunette folds her arms on the table, leaning nearer to Yuri. "What is wrong with you?" She hums, finding her best friend weird.

Minju knocks her head, waking Yuri up. "I didn't know my friend was this pretty. What did you do? Nose surgery? Eyelid surgery?" That earned her another hit on the head.

"That can't be. I saw you yesterday." Yuri wasn't in her right mind. "Did fairy godmother find you?"

"Did you hit your head somewhere? What are you talking about?"

"You're the one who hit me. I think I need you to hit me again because there's no way I have such a pretty best friend." Yuri takes her wrist. "I think he'll see you now."

"All I did was comb my hair." Minju touches the top of her head.

"Where did your glasses go?"

"Broke it." Minju sighs. "I borrowed my sister's contacts. Luckily her eyesight's as bad as mine or I would be walking into class blind." She has an older sister. Minju's the youngest in the family.

"Right, your family has bad eye genetics, but you have pretty eyes."

"Can you stop using that word? I'm not used to it."

"Well, you better be. If I find you pretty, literally anyone out there would feel the same."

Minju blushes. "I'm pretty?"

"I hate to say it, but yes." Yuri gave a forced but not-so-forced smile. "As if you're an idol." That's a high-end compliment.

Yujin stirs her jajangmyeon, blowing on them just for Yena to hit her shoulder. "Ya—"

"Isn't that Minju?"

She looks up to see the brunette walking into the cafeteria with her little friend. Narrowed eyes, Yujin confirmed it was Minju.

Nothing could hide the proud smile she had on her face. "She listened."

"Who's that beside her?" Yena was curious.

"Jo Yuri. Her friend." Yujin slurps her noodles. She sees Yena eyeballing the girl. "Why? Do you want me to introduce you to her?"

"Please."

Yujin knocks her head. "In your dreams."

"Ah, why?" Yena rubs her head.

"They both like guys. You stand no chance."

"Have you heard of trying? I'm the best at making them fall for me. Doesn't matter if they're straight. I'm cute."