17

"These are the topics that will come out for the May mock exams..." The teacher announces the exam details.

Minju dazed into thin air, unconsciously nibbling her lower lip. As the class gets dismissed, Yuri shifts her chair next to Minju.

Her weird posture made her go, "What's up with you?"

"Huh?" The brunette turns to her. "Oh. Class ended."

"Yeah, class ended. Are you daydreaming? Right, you're Minju." Yuri shakes her head. "You've been acting weird."

"What's weird?" The brunette fumbles with her bag, packing her things.

Yuri did the same and explained, "You're not listening to class, or to me. Ever since we went camping, you came back all different. Are you Kim Minju or some whacko who came back with us?"

"Ya."

"I'm just saying." The girl stands up with her bag. "It's like you came back with a different personality."

Minju's lips created a thin slit as she followed her out of the class.

"What have you been thinking about? Give your empty head a break." Yuri knocks her head, earning a glare. That empty head of hers was filled with someone she didn't know she would think of.

"Where are we going?"

"Study cafe. We all agreed to go." Right, Minju has forgotten about the plans they made.

"Yujin's coming?"

Yuri hums. "She's the smarter one out of us two. Of course she's coming. Funny how she's smart." She scoffs. "I thought she only knew how to–"

"Hurry up or you'll get your ass beaten." Minju pushes her to walk faster.

...

Once they reached the study cafe nearby, Minhyun was seen carrying drinks from the counter. "There are only seats by two left. I told her to come earlier, but students in this area are trained to run." He shakes his head as Yujin came their way.

She retrieves two ice americanos. "You're coming with me." She asks Minju to follow her. The brunette sighs, tailing behind.

"You're with me. Wonyoung said she'll tutor Yena."

"I can tutor Yena." Yuri offered.

Minhyun tilts his head. "Really." He wasn't convinced. Yuri was in fact not confident she could and follows the guy instead.

"Why am I with you?" Minju complains, putting her bag on the cushioned bench as Yujin sits opposite her.

"Wonyoung's smart, you're not. She doesn't need tutoring, you do. Before you say anything, he can't teach math." Minhyun could only do math by memorising steps, not teach.

"And you can?" Minju had not a little ounce of belief in her.

Yujin folds her arms on the table, accepting whatever challenge there was. "You'll keep looking for me once I do. Calculus is my forte which you suck at."

Minju stops arguing, knowing the girl had an academic history with mathematics. Apparently, she's good with numbers.

She didn't believe her at first until she heard the teachers talking.

"Did you take down the topics?" Yujin asked, pulling out her notebook.

Minju nods. "I can do everything but calculus."

"You have me. Don't worry." That was the first time Yujin has ever said something this assuring. She puts on her clear glasses, the ones Minju has never seen before.