32

Minju was casually walking into school, eyes on her revision notebook when someone grabs onto her shoulder. She didn't get dragged but saw Yujin trying to hide behind her.

"What are you doing?" When the girl says nothing, Minju pulls her to stand properly. "You said you were fine. Just focus on the mock papers and not think about anything else. You already missed one."

"I'm fine, but the thought of seeing her anywhere scares me." Yujin doesn't know why she gets the jitters.

The whole night, she has been trying to sleep. Minju offered some melatonin gummies but she refused. Going through a breakup wasn't fun. She could only imagine the pain if they lasted longer just for Wonyoung to let her go.

"What do I even say if we bump into her?"

"We? What we? You'll figure things out yourself." Minju lightly snickers. "You didn't even do anything wrong." She now realises how soft Yujin's heart was despite her image.

Yujin acts normal, not thinking too much. "You're meeting me later, right?"

"What is it again?"

"I told you I needed to pass you something."

"Can you not just give it to me another day? What is it anyway?" Minju asks as they walked down the hallway.

Yujin stops. She wasn't going to go to her class because she'll see Wonyoung there. She needs some time to process everything.

"Just meet me at the station at 5." She leaves for her class.

Minju drags her feet towards the train station as if school wasn't tiring enough. She was ten minutes early. Totally unlike her, but she doesn't want her to wait.

She sat on the bench, waiting for Yujin as told. She hates that she's listening to her. Why was she compelled to wait for her or do as she says?

Ten minutes passes by like a breeze but she had no sight of Yujin. Thinking she might be running late, she decided to wait a while more before calling her.

Where is she? Does she not know my house is in the opposite direction from here? Did she do this on purpose? Why didn't I just wait outside her class?

Being impatient, Minju started calling the latter.

But she never picked up after five tries. So she tries Yena who picked up instantly.

"I'm going to you now."

"Wait, why are you—where's Yujin?"

"Oh, I thought—I'll just meet you at the station," Yena says, ending the call.

A few minutes of confusion later, Minju sees the said girl coming towards the station. She had a white box in her hand.

Yena goes to her. "I don't know where this shithead went, but she left this at her desk. Even had a note on it." She showed Minju the note she tore off in case it flew away.

Help me pass this to Minju. She'll be at the station at 5.

"Where is she?" Minju receives the box that was a little heavier than it looked.

Yena shrugs. "I just saw this and came. She may be a merciless dog, but I do my duties." She smiles. "If there's nothing else." She got ready to leave.

"Thank you," Minju says.

Yena turns around. "I should thank you for giving me your best friend." She winks playfully, skipping out of the station.