27

BUZZ BUZZ

The constant rings of a phone made Wonyoung reach over to turn it off. That's when she realises she wasn't at home.

She froze, collecting herself when she sees Minju beside her, sleeping soundly. Wonyoung gently lifts her head off the girl's arm, sitting up slowly.

Did I really do all that? She holds onto her throbbing head, remembering everything that happened last night. I should just die right now.

She regrets to an extent, beating herself up for drinking too much last night. She blames Minhyun for pointing all the drinks at her during the games.

When she's drunk, she doesn't blackout. Wonyoung will do things she doesn't dare to when she's sober. Like confessing to someone.

Her phone started ringing again, wondering how Minju isn't affected. She looks to see Yujin calling. This isn't happening.

She declines the call and texts instead. They have school today.

Yujin: Are you still asleep?

Wonyoung: I'll head to school myself. Something came up.

Yujin usually fetches the latter to school ever since they got together. The girl didn't question too much and told Wonyoung she'll see her in school.

She looks at the time and puts down her phone. They have an hour before school.

When Minju's phone started ringing, Wonyoung quickly lies back down and pretends to sleep.

Not sure if Minju has selective hearing but that alarm woke her up. The brunette stretches her arms, rubs her eyes and stares at the ceiling.

It took her a second before rousing up, realising Wonyoung was still here. She didn't expect her to leave but would like to think last night was a dream.

She must be tired. Minju blinks hard. "She's pretty in the morning too." She gets off the bed, the memories of last night getting to her.

Brushing her teeth, she stares into the mirror. "She can't like me." She mumbles, mouth full of toothpaste. "Why does she like me? How does she know I like Yujin? Did I tell her? Why did I tell her? When did I tell her? This is very bad." She worries for both of them.

When she finishes washing up and putting on her uniform, she walked back out to see Wonyoung just sitting there, daydreaming.

"You're awake." The brunette acts normal, putting her towel aside.

Wonyoung looks at her, wondering why she isn't asking anything about last night.

"You can use the bathroom. I've put the toothbrush and toothpaste on the side. As for uniform, you can head home to change. My mom cooked breakfast, so come down when you're done." Minju didn't wait any longer, not liking the awkward atmosphere. She left the room when the latter understood.

The moment that door closes, Wonyoung breathes normally, calming her heart down.

Minju skips down the stairs, seeing her mom prepping the kitchen counter where they usually eat on since no one stays for more than 10 minutes.

"Did Wonyoung come over? Your brother said she came last night. What happened?"

Minju takes the cup off the rack and goes to the water dispenser. "I don't know either..." She mumbles. "She just had a meeting and showed up all drunk."

The lady puts the hot pot of soup on the table. "Aigoo, drunk? Is she okay?"

Minju nods. "I'll just prepare another set." She went to take an extra set of bowls and utensils. "Where's dad?"